Time for Spin off ?

Hi, SI development teams.

I have an idea that can made a lot of money for you. :D

How about a spinoff from FM series ?

So basically the idea is an FM genre (with FM10 features) that starts in the year way before that.

Eq. :

Start date is June 1994, where Ronaldo (the real one) is still a hot prospect youngster, UEFA still held Cup Winners Cup, Only top team qualify to Champions League, English Premier consists of 22 teams, Chelsea still crappy :p etc.

Along the game, as the game progress, the change in rules apply to the game.

Regens are players like Kaka, Messi, Ronaldo (this time, the fake one ;)).

Now, that must be very FUN.

Now we can surely play FM for a long career without boring.

Discuss.

Probably wouldn't make them any money. I wouldn't pay for something that is available on fan sites, there was a 92/93 for 08, a 99/00 for 09 and then there is this place that has the Ajax team from 95, all free :)

It SURELY wouldn't be the same, as the dates will be real dates, and the regens will be players you know.

All fan made is unrealistic in :

1. Date

2. Surely you will find players that "forgotten to alter"

3. Player history.

4. Players like Danny Blind play in 1994 WC, not 2010 :D

5. (Perhaps) Gabriel Batistuta should play Cup Winners Cup not UEFA cup.

6. Did I said UEFA Cup ? It is now Europa League.

7. ????

8. Profit !!!

Peace.

Cheers.... :)

Why not go back even further?

Football Manager 1972...

Where even the most expensive player cost about 300k and the 'Big 4' consisted of Leeds United, Derby County, Liverpool and...Spurs, probably.

Arsenal? Double winners and Fairs cup (UEFA) winners around that time

At that time, Premier League still consist of 22 teaMS.

No it didn't. If Overmars is at Barca, then the Prem will have 20 teams. It's been 20 since I started watching football, and Overmars was still at Arsenal

So your asking for a database edit, that someone somewhere would likely do for free? Its a no go for me. Another point, if regens are like Messi, Ronaldo etc wouldnt it be pointless as these players are surely the ones evryone will buy? It would be unfair to give them a random PA to counter it, as you may aswell then just have random players as we do now.

actually I support this idea... what I would do is sell the game in odd years lets say 09 then sell an expansion in even years lets say 10, the expansion would include two databases the database for the new season and a bonus classic database as suggested by OP plus maybe other add ons such as patches ... that way the development cycle for a new game would be two years so when we have a new game the game woudl actually be better

Or something like this :

Legends Database

Apart from it being pretty darn hard to recreate the infamous SI database (i mean you cant go and watch retired players to judge skills, and theres only so much knowledge and video footage you can find of Austrian 2nd division teams).

It also takes away a big factor of bringing in youngsters, considering you realistically already know who is going to turn out brilliantly (without people just cheating and getting their PA's from the data editor)

Well The Cup Winners Cup still exists it's just named differently

The Cup Winners Cup doesn't exist anymore as the Cup Winners take an UEFA Cup place for their respective countries.

Archived