The Bouncebackability challenge

Going straight back up you either do (Newcastle?) or you don't (Leeds), but in this challenge you have to!

The aim

To gain promotion with a team that has just been relegated. However, you have to start with a team that has been relegated from the BSP into the BSN/BSS and then after you have gained promotion with that team you then take control of a side that has been relegated from league 2 into the BSP. And so on until you reach a side relegated from the championship.

So this is a season planner type thing;

Season 1- holiday

Season 2- BSN/BSS side

Season 3- BSP

Season 4- league 2

Season 5- league 1

Season 6- championship

Season 7- Premiership

^ that is if everything goes to plan!

The rules

Chose any leagues/countries you like, obviously chose BSN/BSS and above. No limits on players etc or in game scouts. Holiday through the first season and then you're away!

I am sure there will be different relegated teams for everyone so will have an advantage and some a disadvantage.

Good luck!

If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Stage 1 - Blue Square South to Blue Square Premier

2008/09 - Salisbury City

After the 2007/08 season was holidayed, Histon, Salisbury, Altrincham and Ebbsfleet were relegated from the BSP. I chose to take over Salisbury in the BSS to try and return them to that division.

After ten games things are going fairly well, sitting fourth in the table. There have been four wins, four draws, and two losses. Games are high scoring, with 25 goals scored, and 20 goals conceded. The main problem is the defence, as they seem to think they need to concede whenever we score ‘just to keep things interesting’. The attack are playing well though, strikers Marvin Brown and Matt Tubbs scoring 11 goals and 7 goals respectively, and attacking midfielder Wayne Turk has 4 goals.

Left-back Scott Golbourne has been brought in on loan from parent club Reading for the season. The club is 250k in the red so there in no money for transfers.

Stage 1 - Blue Square South to Blue Square Premier?

2008/09 - Salisbury City

Halfway through the season, Salisbury are third in the league on a 15 game unbeaten run. I'm not sure how this has happened though, as the team have been playing pretty badly recently. Even so, we're within two points of top spot though we have played a game more. The problem is too many draws. Lots of goals are still being scored (50), but the defence is still doing it's best sabotage job and have conceded 32. Up front Marvin Brown has 17 goals and 10 assists, Matt Tubbs has 18 goals and 4 assists, and Wayne Turk has 6 goals and 9 assists. Tubbs and Turk have both had spells out injured which has caused a bit of a struggle to score though.

Gylfi Sigurdsson has joined Scott Golbourne at Salisbury on loan from Reading, and he's played very well.

We're now over 350k in debt, despite my best efforts to reduce this by selling as many squad players as possible to try and raise funds and reduce the wage bill. The squad is now pretty thin, if there are any injuries the subs bench will have to include many youth players.

Overall I'm happy with the current position, but the side will need to play better to stay up near the top in the second half of the season, particularly to try and ensure automatic promotion. If we don't go up this year I can see many players wanting to leave, and due to the cash situation I probably won't be able to stop them. In this case, getting the side back up to the BSP will be extremely difficult indeed.

~Ian~ just ignore kenco, he's always critical on everything I do, kenco unless you are going to say something positive or start the challenge then please don't post in the thread.

I have liked a few of your ideas, but you never finish them. If you just stuck with one then maybe people would stop giving you such a hard time.

Stage 1- update (half season)

Halfway through the season with Forest Green Rovers and top of the Blue Square South by two points. However, two teams below us have a game in hand and are just two points behind us. Overall, a great start to the season. Helped by the signings of Michael Twiss, Scott Davies, Brett Johnson and Lewis Haldane on loan. Andrew Williams has also just signed from Bristol Rovers for £3k, a steal imo.

Hopefully our form won't drop in the second half of the season and we can gain promotion!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Right, might get round to starting this again tommorow.

Anyone want to join me in starting?

You're not planning on starting again at all, are you? You're just posting this to bring this thread back onto the page so other people will attempt it. You know you could just leave it?

Archived