Has Anyone Actually Been Sacked?

I'm not the greatest player in the world at this game and got sacked from by beloved Reading after one and a half seasons.

It seems like most people on the Forums are pretty good at this game, but who has been sacked?

(I'm now at Northampton)

Never in a serious game. I once did whilst holidaying forwards, and I also have on 07 because I fined the whole team on my first day :D

The board said I had upset the harmony of the squad too much :D

Ive been sacked plenty of times, most recently, by Bristol City for getting them relegated from the Premiership, although it was me who got them their in the first place, and managed to finish 7th place the season before. Me, no, im not bitter.

Never in a serious game. I once did whilst holidaying forwards, and I also have on 07 because I fined the whole team on my first day :D

The board said I had upset the harmony of the squad too much :D

:D

I had the same on '07, except it was after about 10 years winning everything with Arsenal. Was unhappy with one game and fined everyone and they sacked me. :D

never been sacked on a FM/CM and been playing since CM2

One exception is that i took a job on rotherham once on Fm06 i think it was after the season had finished and they had already been relegated out of the lowest loaded league, so i took the job to see what would happen and got sacked the next day because the club wanted a fresh start lol, but never been sacked ever other than that little test

Only ever been sacked once on FM and that was back when I started playing nearly 5 years ago. Come close a couple of times though but managed to turn it round :)

Got sacked as Italy manager in my serious Barcelona game. In qualifying, Serbia beat us despite dominating, Russia sneaked an even game away from home and we are cruising against Argentina in the Confederations Cup before Chiellini gave away two penalties and got sent off. 3 losses meant the sack halfway through the cup.

I've been sacked twice in FM09 (9.1.0) but it was within a month of it being released. Under achieved with Spurs and Man Utd (seperate saves) and ended up being sacked half way through the 2nd season in both. :thdn:

Since 9.2.0 has been released I've not been sacked yet :D

Ive been sacked plenty of times, most recently, by Bristol City for getting them relegated from the Premiership, although it was me who got them their in the first place, and managed to finish 7th place the season before. Me, no, im not bitter.

I feel for you I really do. Short memories.

Just been sacked for the first time as Spurs manager. 3 seasons in, start of 3rd. I had a good squad, good youth, great backroom staff, lots of money in the bank. Might have helped if I had won more than twice in the first 15 games though! Now at Dunfermline in the SPL.

I got sacked quite a few times once was quite funny tho, I was leeds who were playing like utter fools and they lost 4-0 in one game, after going 6 without a win previous, so ithrew a bit of an immature hissy fit and fined every player involved in the match 2 weeks wages already after being warned about fining players after a few red cards and poor performances previously. It was quity amusing reading through each news item and seeing my chairman getting more and more angry.

After the 6th fine got to the chairman he duly gave me what i desvered.....the sack.

I decided to have a crack in MLS, I got sacked by San Jose Earthquakes. I haven't in my other games as of yet, I think as long as you reach your targets.

I remember on the last FM, I started as USA manager. Won everything but the World Cup. I left for lowly Notts County whom where in the Conference. Two promotions later, QPR came calling giving me a two year contract. In my 2nd season I won promotion to the Premiership and they decided to not renew my contract.....best thing was I past them on the way up when my WBA where promoted and they got relegated.

Bitter sweet revenge!!!

I'm not the greatest player in the world at this game and got sacked from by beloved Reading after one and a half seasons.

It seems like most people on the Forums are pretty good at this game, but who has been sacked?

(I'm now at Northampton)

I was sacked by a Swedish team after finishing bottom of the lowest playable division :(

In my current save I managed AC Milan and after winning everything with them decided it was time for a change, so I resigned and successfully applied for the Man U job. I only lasted until October of my second season with them though and was sacked with them hovering just above relegation. Ironically I was only unemployed for 3 weeks when Man City offered me the job as manager and I've only finished below Utd once with them (9th in my first season, with Utd finishing 7th). I've also won the Prem with City the last 3 seasons while Utd have struggled to stay in the top 4.:D

Only once as manager of an underachieving Dortmund in 08.

Most of the time I either go to a new club or resign because i'm narked off with the lack of ambition my players show.

EDIT: Come to think of it I once got sacked for an ultimatum at Bohemians. I won the league in my first season (we were expected 5th) whilst cutting the wage budget in half and making a profit in transfers. The club was financially healthy so I was expecting to splash out a bit in the pre-season. Only for the board to decide that, actually, I didn't deserve to spend any money. I demanded more money and although the fans sympathised with me (apparently) the board released me.

I like to think that in my manchester united game i made precautions against being sacked, the compentsation they would have to pay to terminate my 250k a week contract for the next 5 years would cripple the club...

Never been sacked from a club in all FM gaming, but this year I was sacked from the France position as I took a relaxed approach towards the Confederations Cup...honestly who cares about it, 3rd will do.

I got sacked as Spurs boss for no reason. I was doing what they told me to(UEFA Cup place) and had the backing of the board. It was only the halfway point, too. According to the news item it was "overwelming fan pressue".

I'd just got this mega regen called Raul Garcia and he was banging 'em in from man behind the striker spot.

Archived