New owner

Halfway through my 2nd season, my club have been taken over. The new owner has expressed his desire to bring in a new manager and is currently 'considering my future'. Now, I won the Championship in my 1st season and have made a good start to my 2nd, my 1st in the prem. I'm 10th after 16 games and unbeaten in my last 5, winning my last 3. Now this is surely 'unsackable' form, no? Surely he can't sack me? Surely? Anybody else been sacked by a new owner whilst in this form? Or is it all just talk? Should I expect the worst?

P.S: Don't call me Shirley.

I've been managing Liverpool for just a month when a consortium threatened to take over and appoint someone else. Luckily it fell through, but six months later another takeover consortium comes in and threatens the same. I'm now 2 weeks under new ownership, and I am still in post.

The same happened to me on a 'start unemployed' game. I got Rochdale from League 2 to the Championship with tiny financial support. Despite this, I built a pretty good team considering these resources and did it in consecutive seasons. As I got to the Championship a takeover embargo stopped me from buying or selling any players and went on for something like 6 months or more. I kept getting the "takeover talks have collapsed" message which began to really get on my nerves as I couldn't strengthen my side to challenge realistically for promotion to the Premiership. Despite this I was in a play-off spot when finally the takeover took place. Straight away, despite this pretty remarkable feat of turning Rochdale into a major contender for promotion to the PL, they looked at changing me for Neil Warnock. I kept getting told that my position was under review. This went on for a few weeks, but as I was waiting to be given the boot Leeds Utd came in for me. They were romping the league and looked almost certainties for promotion to Premiership. Guess what I did? Bye-bye Rochdale. That’ll teach those indecisive fat-cats!!!

They say it but almost never exercise their right. Not if you do well. It's happened to me while managing 3 different clubs. Twice I remained in place because I was doing well. Third club the new owner said he'd keep me there because of my popularity with the club's fans (something along those lines).

Never actually got the sack but then again I've never managed a team lower than the third division in any nation.

I'm in exactly the same position. I'm flying high with Charlton, and they want to bring back Alan 'we stop playing after christmas' Curbishley.[/quote

under curbishley did west ham stop playing after christmas the season they was in a relegation battle? no they didnt quite the opposite infact....

Archived