Fastest way of playing FM

Hello. Im just what is the fastest way of playing FM, im going to have an save for atleast 30-40 years and dont want the game to be slow as time goes on, so. Does the game go faster if i got more leagues and no "load every player from this country:" or less leagues and more "load every player from this country:" ?

Because i startet a game to check it out, and on the first save i started with 8 leagues and loaded up all players from 7 contries, the save was on 22 000 kB

But when i took 10 countries and loaded up all players from 5 countries it tok only 20 000 KB.

Isn't it a fact that as bigger as your save gets as slower it gets? If so, does it mean it smarter to take more leagues?

I would love feedback here as im kind og wanting to start a LLM save as soon as possible.

The reasons games become slow is the size of the data base increases. Every year there are a minimum of 10 kids coming through every u-18 squad. Also the history of all the leagues has to be saved plus player movement and what not.

I'd say go for a maximum of 3 leagues if you're going 40 years into the game.

But keep in mind the game will slow down anyway. It's just a matter of how good your computer is.

Okey thanks for answer mate, but it doesnt realy make sense why the savegame was smaller(20 000 KB) when i took 10 countries then when i took 8 countries(22 000 KB)?

And does the game speed go down, and if yes how much if you load up all players from different countries.

Its going to go down as theres more players, more players the slow it will go as bardock said. Theres all the player history to load with these players.

Dont know why the save was smaller but I bet you after a few seasons the 10 countries will be larger.

Selecting a country gives you players from the the leagues loaded and a few from the non active leagues.

Loading all players from a country loads everyone from the very best to the very worst in a country. So your database is going to be larger.

Best thing you can do is select countries you'd like to manage in and maybe a few other helpful ones. Forget about loading all players from any country. I'm currently running an LLM with 7-8 countries selected and I haven't loaded all players from any league. There are still plenty of good options.

Also keep in mind most of the players you're loading you'll probably never use. They'll end up being replaced by regens but hang around as crap coaches adding to your database size.

Archived