Player Descriptions?

Is this what you want?

Ambitious: Ambition = 15-19 & Loyalty < 10.

Balanced: none of the rest

Born Leader: Influence = 20 & Determination = 20.

Casual: Professionalism = 2-4 & Determination < 10.

Devoted: Loyalty = 20 & Ambition = 6-7.

Determined: Determination = 18-19 & Ambition >9.

Driven: Determination = 20 & Ambition > 9.

Easily Discouraged: Determination = 1.

Fairly Ambitious: (Ambition = 15) or (Ambition = 16-20 & Loyalty >9).

Fairly Determined: (Determination = 15-17) or (Determination = 18-20 & Ambition < 10).

Fairly Loyal: (Loyalty = 15-17) or (Loyalty = 18-20 & Ambition = 8-14).

Fairly Professional: (Professionalism = 15-17) or (Professionalism = 18-20 & Temperament < 10).

Fairly Sporting: Sportsmanship = 15-17.

Honest: Sportsmanship = 20.

Iron Willed: Pressure = 20 & Determination > 14.

Jovial: Pressure > 14 & Temperament > 9.

Leader: (Influence = 19) or (Influence = 20 & Determination < 20).

Light-Hearted: Sportsmanship > 14 & Pressure > 14 & Determination > 9 & Temperament > 9.

Low Determination: Determination = 2-5.

Low Self-Belief: Pressure = 2-3 & Determination < 10.

Loyal: Loyalty = 18-19 & Ambition = 1-7.

Model Citizen: Determination > 17 & Ambition > 17 & Loyalty > 17 & Pressure > 17 & Professionalism > 17 & Temperament > 17 & Sportsmanship > 17.

Model Professional: Professionalism = 20 & Temperament > 9.

Professional: Professionalism = 18-19 & Temperament > 9.

Perfectionist: Ambition > 17 & Professionalism > 17 & Determination > 17.

Realist: Sportsmanship = 2-4.

Resilient: Pressure = 17-19 & Determination > 14.

Resolute: Determination = 15-17 & Professionalism = 15-17.

Slack: Professionalism = 1 & Determination < 10.

Spineless: Pressure = 1 & Determination < 10.

Spirited: Pressure > 14 & Professionalism = 15-17 & Temperament > 9.

Sporting: Sportsmanship = 18-19.

Temperamental: Temperament = 1-4.

Unambitious: Ambition < 6.

Unsporting: Sportsmanship = 1.

Very Ambitious: Ambition = 20 & Loyalty < 10.

Very Loyal: Loyal = 20 & Ambition = 1-7.

(From the FM Personality Guide )

heathxx: Just copied and pasted from the "FM Personality Guide" thread started by Lyssien.

bardock: Wondered if that may be the actual question as "tenacious" doesn't appear in the list I quoted. It'd be good to get a list of those as well if anyone has one.

No he doesn't mean those, they are personalities.

He means the descriptions on the players personal page - eg Commanding centre back, experienced fullback etc

Can't say I've ever really seen a list of them though.

No he doesn't mean those, they are personalities.

He means the descriptions on the players personal page - eg Commanding centre back, experienced fullback etc

Can't say I've ever really seen a list of them though.

Yeah. Would be nice to know. Had some amazing players, but it'd be nice to know why they aren't 'World-Class'.

They need higher rep. They get this by performing at top flight, champions league, World Cup so forth. I also think winning awards boosts their rep, like 'World Player of the Year'. I think once the rep goes over 9000, then they are considered World Class, as they are known around the world as a top player. I hate how the captain just gets stuck with 'XXXX captain', would be better as 'World Class Commanding Rangers Captain' or something like that.

Legendary is when they had 'World Class Striker' but now over 32ish, therefore 'Legendary Striker'

Not too sure about other ones, but just guessing:

Tireless Midfielder = High stamina midfielder

Midfield General = High influence midfielder

Explosive fullback/Winger/striker = High pace and acceleration

Towing Striker = High Jumping, player height

Cultured Midfielder/Striker = High creativity/flair?

Midfield Playermaker - high creativity, passing so forth

Enthusiastic Midfielder = High workrate

Clinical Striker = High composure and finishing

Tenacious midfielder = High stamina, and workrate and teamwork

Decisive Centreback = smart player, decisions, anicipation, concentration

Veteran XXXX = Older player, been there down that, not high rep anymore

Experienced XXXX = Older player, not world class but close

Remember a player might have Rep 'World Class', but wont be considered as a 'World Class XXXX'

I think rep is linked with World Rep, and the description is linked with Current or Home Rep, or all the above. Only the best players get World Class/Legendary in their description.

Hope this helps

Ryknow I had a few players with high creativity and passing at Liverpool but they're never classified as playmakers. Maybe it's >18 for both attributes?

I think I read somewhere (probably on one of those hints during processing) that players who want the ball make great playmakers. I interpreted that as players who have the dictates play PPM.

Yeah your probably right bardock

Maybe 18+ for Creativity and 16+ Passing, then 15+ for flair?

1. My 'Midfield Playmaker'

Creativity 19

Passing 18

Flair 17

PPMs

Tries Killer balls often

Places Shots

Likes to Lob Keeper

2. Another in my save(not at myclub)

Creativity 18

Passing 16

Flair 17

PPMs

Gets forward

Places shots

3. Another one (not at my club)

Creativity 18

Passing 17

Flair 15

PPMs

Tries killer balls

Lobs keeper

Dwells on ball

Plays way out of trouble

Could you see if you have any in your save, just look at 'Player search' and top priced AMCs or MCs

I've been looking around and I've managed to find plenty of playmakers when I've searched for players with 15 min in Decisions, Off the Ball, Passing, Creativity, Flair and Dribbling. I've come up with a lot of hits but all the players described as playmakers play AMC role naturally. Out of 20 or so players there was 1 person who did play AMC naturally but was described as Flamboyant Midfielder.

Now I'm pretty sure that Xabi Alonso does turn into a playmaker but I'm not certain that I've seen it happen in FM 09. Players who I expected would be described as playmakers like Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta and a couple of other aren't. Iniesta was the only player that made it through the filter out of the lot mentioned. I'm searching in a new game as manager of Chesterfield not even in December yet so a few of them might get the tag plus there might be a bunch who due to my weak scouting knowledge just didn't appear. Who knows they might've had weaker stats.

Maybe others might wanna jump in and help out.

Has anyone had a MC described as a playmaker who did not play AMC naturally?

I probably should mention that the reason I looked for those attributes is because all of the playmakers I found pre-filter seemed to have them in common.

I've been looking around and I've managed to find plenty of playmakers when I've searched for players with 15 min in Decisions, Off the Ball, Passing, Creativity, Flair and Dribbling. I've come up with a lot of hits but all the players described as playmakers play AMC role naturally. Out of 20 or so players there was 1 person who did play AMC naturally but was described as Flamboyant Midfielder.

Now I'm pretty sure that Xabi Alonso does turn into a playmaker but I'm not certain that I've seen it happen in FM 09. Players who I expected would be described as playmakers like Pirlo, Xavi, Iniesta and a couple of other aren't. Iniesta was the only player that made it through the filter out of the lot mentioned. I'm searching in a new game as manager of Chesterfield not even in December yet so a few of them might get the tag plus there might be a bunch who due to my weak scouting knowledge just didn't appear. Who knows they might've had weaker stats.

Maybe others might wanna jump in and help out.

Has anyone had a MC described as a playmaker who did not play AMC naturally?

I probably should mention that the reason I looked for those attributes is because all of the playmakers I found pre-filter seemed to have them in common.

Had Mascio become a playmaker before. Some others as well but can't remember who specifically. Don't think they have to be a natural AMC

Probably visible and PPMs most notably tries killer ball often as it seems to be the only one shared between all the playmakers I've found.

I tried looking at Kaka & Andy Reid (described as playmakers) and Xavi & Pirlo (described as something else) through the editor to see if there was a difference in any of the hidden attributes but I haven't managed to find a constant. Xabi and Pirlo were as good as Kaka in everything. Andy Reid was the perfect base of comparison because he simply had equal or worse stats across the board but he is still described as a playmaker.

Can't explain this one.

Archived