[FM08] data issues?

Guest danking86

Guest danking86

Hi everyone. I have no idea where this is supposed to go, all the technical forums are headed FM09 and a search for anything like this topic brings up a whole mess of threads, seemingly all to do with FM09, so I didn't want to post there, but feel free to shout at me/move this thread/direct me to the relevant information if there is a place for a question like this to go.

Ok, so i'm a poor student which means I've been playing FM08 on my ancient laptop instead of updating to shiny new FM09. I downloaded the patch which was supposed to fix everything and all seemed to be going well until this evening when I was happily playing away (in March 2010) and tried to save. I got an error message that the file "failed to save", but it still seemed to overwrite my old file. Curious, I tried to load the file I had just saved over and got a "failed to load" error message. Which was annoying. I do have a backup save which isn't too far back in the past, but when I try to save from that file (using "save as" this time to avoid overwriting) I get the same problem. This basically means that I don't seem to be able to save. Any ideas what i should be doing? Much as I love FM I do need to stop sometimes to, you know, eat and stuff.

Guest danking86

Ok, man you are awesome, it turned out that my computer was just clogged up with rubbish. 3gb of rubbish deleted later and no more problems with loading and saving! I guess 150Mb of spare room was a bit on the slim side...

Archived