Weird Brazilian Regen Names

I'm in 2016 and plying my trade at Inter having worked my way up from Blackpool, and I'm noticing some strange non-Brazilian names cropping up. I have all players from Brazil loaded but I don't have the league playable.

Some examples include Matheus, Alberto Mandorlini, Paulo Roberto, Kunio Tasaka and others I forget, anyone else notice this?

Also, my head scout is currently Pierluigi Casiraghi, and the manager of Lazio is Pierluigi Casiraghi, both have different ages. Is this just a case of an incredibly coincidental regen scout name or has the game screwed up some how?

I know not brazilian but in my game man city have player called marc wilson and he's french

Not beyond possiblity, both names are used in France.

Brazilian names used to be really bad, but they have improved somewhat. There's still some way to go though.

That is a coincidence :)

Theres been a lot of immigration to Brazil over the years so there are substantial communities of people who don't have Portuguese heritage. Although they tend to use the Portuguese naming system they retain the names of where they're from so actually Japanese, German, Italian sounding names from Brazil are quite common in real life.

Quackje is spot on. On that list of names the only one I actual find wired is 'Kunio Tasaka' and even that there is a huge Japanese community in Brazil. As for the scout having the same name as Lazio manager, it's probably coincidental, or don't you know two people with the same name :p

I had Scott Scott, a New Zealand striker, come through my academy. He didn't make it :(

On the topic, I'm finding the Brazilian regens tend to only have one name like "Antonio", "Luis", or "Alberto" or something like that. This is true in real life as well, but there are tons of Brazilians with more than one name like Fabio Rochemback or Daniel Carvalho etc.

Talking about brazilian regen names, there a bunch of players named only Santos or Silva for example, which is very annoying. It also lacks originality in their name, and players who use their surname too, such as Felipe Melo, etc. And there's also the ones with foreigner names showing up in the game, which is inaccurate.

The foreign named players are those with two nationalities, they should have a Brazilian 1st name, a foreign 2nd name and a Brazilian common name, but for some reason this isn't happening in FM2009, but it should be fixed in FM2010.

I also agree the names like Silva and Santos are annoying and shouldn't happen, and combinations like Felipe Melo, etc... should happen in the game. I hope this is fixed for FM2010.

Anyway, the names of Brazilian newgens will be a lot better in FM2010.

Quackje is spot on. On that list of names the only one I actual find wired is 'Kunio Tasaka' and even that there is a huge Japanese community in Brazil. As for the scout having the same name as Lazio manager, it's probably coincidental, or don't you know two people with the same name :p

haha there is a guy that literally lives three streets away from me and has the exact same name.

Was he born in Brazil or Japan? I know there's a large Japanese population in Brazil. I think Keirrison is actually part Japanese, and there's a player in MLS named Paulo Nagamura, who is a Brazilian of Japanese descent. I'm sure there are some Japanese Brazilians who eventually move back to Japan so I guess a Japanese of Brazilian descent isn't totally unlikely...

I havnt had too much problems with Brazilian names, now Im the Brazil manager I see a lot more of them. Most seem brazilian, like Silva, Diego, Ricardo, Carlos Alberto, Marcio, William, Anderson, Felipe, Roberto, just to name a few. I have just been annoyed at the number of french regens having the same names, but this is a known issue so hopefully its fixed for the next game.

Only if you take such things extremely seriously.

I think there are still about 100,000 Greeks in Turkey anyway. Unless I'm mistaken.

Edit: Researching it and the Greek Orthodox population is only about 10,000; but there are over half a million Greek speakers, apparantly. Additionally there are 50,000 or so Turks in Greece.

I have seen alot of regen greeks with muslim/turkish names and regen turks with clearlly greek names.

pretty insulting and inflamtory and does not reflect reality.

Slightly off topic but that reminds me, why are Turkish players rated so badly yet cost a kings ransom??

Bet you haven't had Fernandez Fernandez Fernandez!

(I haven't either but my brother had this marvellous crowd-pleaser in FM07)

Imagine the commentator saying it.. "and here comes Fernandez Fernandez Fernandez down the wing", if you were listening on the radio you'd think he's scored a goal every time they say his full name :p

Archived