The Best Match Ever? [FM08]

I'm playing as a French third division squad (CS Louhans) - I've only been in control of them for about two months game time, but I've made quite a few signings.

I had a friendly cup match against Zaragoza - just as a revenue raiser (made 175,000 pounds from the whole cup). I wasn't expecting an easy game, as I had lost 2-1 to Shakhtar the game before, and Zaragoza are in the top Spanish league.

I was only a third division French side, these guys were of course in the top flight of the Spanish league and they had quite a few decent players.. a few people who had played for Spain, so they were definitely true contenders.

I was delighted by my start - 2-0 up early.. however little did I realise, there was going to be plenty more where that came from.

It wasn't long before Sergio Garcia (no, not the guy who plays golfs) equalised with two long bombs and suddenly I felt scared, it was 2-2 after just 26 minutes.

I could go on describing every goal after there but I don't want to make this post too long.

Anyway...

Halftime - We are leading 6-5.

Fulltime - 8 all draw.. going to penalties

Penalties - We have the chance to win, but miss at 4-4. It doesn't matter as soon they miss again, allowing us to win 6-5 on penalties.. thrilling match.

Full Time Score: 8-8 (we win 6-5 on pens)

unBELIEVABLE.jpg

I once lost with Northampton 6-8 to Watford in the FA Cup 4th Round!

2 Mins: 0-1 Stokes

11 Mins: 0-2 Black

14 Mins: 0-3 Conway

21 Mins: 0-4 Stokes

25 Mins: 0-5 Smith (Penalty)

29 Mins: 0-6 Stokes (Hat-Trick)

34 Mins: 1-6 Colback

37 Mins: SENT OFF Daleno (Northampton)

42 Mins: 2-6 Sadler (O.G)

52 Mins: 3-6 Mak

57 Mins: 4-6 Illugason

64 Mins: 4-7 Black

70 Mins: 5-7 Illugason

79 Mins: 6-7 Illugason (Hat-Trick)

90 Mins: 6-8 McCuloch

What a Match!

Gutted I lost it!

Player Ratings

On a network game my mate was 5-0 down at half time with west ham in the replay of the Fa. cup 6th round i think against Man U. After going all out attack, pulled it back to 5-5 only in the last minute of extra time for one of their players to shoot from 35 yards out, it take a huge deflection hit the post and went in. It was amazing!!!! Unlucky tho'! College was fun the next day :)

Haha.. sounds like some other pretty awesome games.

Oh well, I don't think I'll get better than that anytime soon... quite a fun game to watch actually - much more entertaining than watching my team run through a 0-0 draw, even if it did give me a bit of a scare at a few stages. :D

I once lost with Northampton 6-8 to Watford in the FA Cup 4th Round!

2 Mins: 0-1 Stokes

11 Mins: 0-2 Black

14 Mins: 0-3 Conway

21 Mins: 0-4 Stokes

25 Mins: 0-5 Smith (Penalty)

29 Mins: 0-6 Stokes (Hat-Trick)

34 Mins: 1-6 Colback

37 Mins: SENT OFF Daleno (Northampton)

42 Mins: 2-6 Sadler (O.G)

52 Mins: 3-6 Mak

57 Mins: 4-6 Illugason

64 Mins: 4-7 Black