Attendances are Ridiculous and absolutely stupid

In my 3rd season with Sheffield Wednesday, just been promoted to the Prem via the playoffs.

Anyway, announced that I'd sold 29,000 season tickets

Play first game of season at home against B'ham (who'd just gained promotion also) and the attendance is announced as 24,400

This is absolutely ludicrous.

1) Wednesday back in the Premiership could sell this game out twice over

2) This means 5,000 season ticket holders MINIMUM decided not to bother going to the game

3) Birmingham therefore must have sold ZERO tickets ..... if they sold their allocation, then 10,000 Wednesday fans would have decided to stay away

4) It was the opening game of the season so would have been a total home area sell out minimum (which is 29,000 aprox at Hillsborough)

Sort this out SI.

Attendances are stupid on this game

As if that would ever happen

PS: the loan system is rubbish also as players still refuse to move clubs when they are not playing and are stuck in a clubs reserves with no chance of making the first team squad

thanks

This may be slightly off-topic, but if you're from/are in Huddersfield you may know that they sold 16,000 season tickets last season, and at the first game of the season against County there were 15,578, with 2000-3000 County fans. The season's average attendance was 7559. So it's not unfeasible to see that happening in your game.

I am a rotherham fan and i must say that wednesday could easily get 70000 fans for there first game in the premiership. Think about all the crap that they have gone through in the last few years. (Such as losing to rotherham three times :p) but really this does need to get sorted out.

I am a rotherham fan and i must say that wednesday could easily get 70000 fans for there first game in the premiership. Think about all the crap that they have gone through in the last few years. (Such as losing to rotherham three times :p) but really this does need to get sorted out.

ha ha ha

thanks for reminding me of those dark days gazza

I remember all too well when you lot were a league above us as well !!

Your right about the fans though tbh

Archived