For anyone struggling to get a new game going...

I always struggle to get a game going, i get my staff sorted, training done, sign players and flog players, then when it comes to a few games into the season i just end up being bored.

So this time i started a game with the 'real players' button unticked, i've read somewhere before that it was just the players names' that changed and you could still tell who everybody was (like on previous versions), but i decided to give it ago anyway.

It turns out that they were almost right, i started with Newcastle and although i could tell who everyone was due to the squad numbers and positions they can play, their CA and PA stats must be totally randomized to some degree...

'Alan Smith' is Englands leading striker, 'Michael Owen' is absolutely rubbish and 'Joey Barton' is a Brazilian called Luan who is a tempremental creative playmaker.

Another good thing i found was that in my Under 18's and Reserves i had some real gems, a MC, DR/DL/DC, DL and two ST.

ANOTHER good thing. On the transfer list i presume that it is still the same players that are on the transfer list in the normal game, but, as CA's and PA's seem to have been changed you can find some quality players transfer listed. I picked up Brazils first choice CB for £7.25 million who is rated as 7? stars by Assistant Manager in the Team Report.

I welcome any comments on what i've said, and hope that it will help some people to start and continue a game on FM09 :)

Its a great feature, except the players don't have any history which is kind of important for me even though its just cosmetic.

Except, when a player is in news reports, sometimes it says (an example) the former motherwell player even though its not on his history. Its probably because the player that he used to be came from motherwell.

Yeah that's something i've noticed.

Like you say, they have no history, but i tried to sell one of my players who was Ryan Taylor, yet noone would make a bid because of his recent arrival at the club.. and when i sold Nicky Butt it said the former Man Utd player.

Archived