Both "Shoots with Power" & "Places Shots": Is it really a deadly combination??

Hi All,

I've read a few conflicting reports about both of these PPM's, but a few threads seem to suggest that a very rare breed of striker with both of these PPM's can prove to be deadly. Any truth in this??

I am currently testing out PPM's and have created a AM/FC with the following PPM's:

Shoots with power

Places shots

Runs with ball though center

Tries killer balls often

Moves into channels

Gets into opposition area

Likes to try to break offside trap

Is this a good combination ar is there anything else you suggest?? i.e. Curls ball? Shoots long?? Like to round keeper? Lobs keeper??

Thanks in advance

Thinks thats a few too many PPm's. They seem to be in conflict with each other as well.

He'll run with ball as well as killer balls. he'll also be looking at moving into the channels at the same time as getting into the area?

I'd cut back on at least 3 of these.

'Shooting with Power' is kind of a contradictory action to 'Placing Shots' surely? I see shooting with power as absolutely thumping the ball and putting all your weight behind it hoping the Goalkeeper can't stop it. Someone like Ibrahimovic and Adriano spring to mind. Placing Shots reminds me of the old Michael Owen, carefully placing a ball out of the Goalkeepers reach.

and... 'Runs with the ball through centre' and 'Moves into Channels' is sort of contradictory too? Moving into the channels is going to drag the AMC/FC out to the wide areas, which is the opposite of running through the centre? :D

And does the player have the 'Anticpation and Decisions' attributes needed for 'Breaking offside trap' ? If he's playing in an AMC position, he won't be breaking the offside trap anyway.

Basically, you've added too many contradictory movements, you've added movements for fast strikers, powerful strikers, intelligent strikers, forwards who like to move out wide and playmakers.

I'd be amazed to see this wonderstar :D

I see what you guys mean in a way! The thing I was trying to do was create a player who could play both up front and AMC so I sort of combined the best PPM's for both positions into the one player.

As for the contradictory shoots with power + places shots....I too thought this would not work but have read quite a few threads stating that it turns out to be a clinical package.

Also isn't moves into channels implying he moves into channels looking for the ball (without ball)? Where as runs with ball through center meaning he dribbles (with ball)?

Any suggestions then for great PPM's for a AMC/FC

I'd say that it's essential that the player is intelligent - i.e. has a high decisions attribute. If he does, he'll select the best PPM for the moment, to devastating effect. Aguero starts with 'runs with the ball down the left', 'runs with the ball down the right' and 'runs with the ball down the centre' - does him no harm! I got Torres to 'place shots' and 'lob the keeper' - I don't see them as contradictory. Remember, they are 'preferred' moves, not ones that the player does every time. Contradictory PPMs are like 'dives into tackles' and 'tries to stay on feet' - but you have to unlearn one to do the other.

Also isn't moves into channels implying he moves into channels looking for the ball (without ball)? Where as runs with ball through center meaning he dribbles (with ball)?

Thats correct, but my take on it is if he's out wide waiting for the ball, he's going to be out of position to run through the centre with the ball. Especially if you play a central tactic with passing down the middle.

It helps a lot if you think in real football terms. An example:

You play a deep defensive line, hoping to counter-attack the opposition with a fast lone striker by drawing the opposition onto you then breaking at speed.

The ball falls to your lone striker, who has Attempts to beat offside trap as he's hanging on the shoulders of the last centrehalf. He races clear of the Centrehalf and faces the goalkeeper one-on-one where Lobs keeper comes into play or attempts to take the ball round the keeper, depending on which one you asked him to learn.

Different player movements come into effect at different times and aren't contradictory. Places Shots wouldn't contradict Lob keeper because Lob keeper is use when one-on-one with the Keeper when he's often drawn out of his goal.

I think the clue to Preferred Movements is in the wording; preferred, meaning he'll attempt to effect this movement the majority of the time when it's applicable to do so.

Archived