Money Help

Ok, I'm doing a challenge on a different forum which has brought me to Fiorentina. In my first season there I'm on the verge of winning Serie A amazingly, Kuzmanovic, Gamberini and Montolivo were sold before I came! But I have one problem, the club finished 11th the season before and were only in 1 cup, which I've been knocked out of so I won't get any money from it obviously, and the club is losing money every week, and I don't know how to stop it. Any tips?

I'd try sorting my squad by wages (highest to lowest) and offer the first 11 players new contracts on lower wages, if they are loyal players and have been at the club a long time there's a fairly decent chance they will accept. If that doesn't work then you could try and get an affiliate club from somewhere like China and sign the best Chinese player you can find, also if you can afford to sign one big superstar player the increased shirt sales revenue can help and it may be worth asking the board for a stadium expansion which while costly in the short term should lead to an increase in ticket sales. If none of those work then your only other option as far as I can see would be to flog your best players to reduce the wage bill.

How much are you losing per month?

What's your weekly wage total?

If you're spending any more than £1mill per week on wages, you're doomed my friend.

I don't have my game loaded at the mo, so i can't see Fiorentinas details, but assuming a

1. Ticket price of £26

2. Attendances of 29,000

3. Season ticket holders of 15,000.

Assuming 19 homes games a season at £26, with 29,000 turning up and 14,000 of them paying. Thats only £7million per season on Gate Receipts. Assuming another 3 cup games? That's up to £9million for the season on Gate Receipt income.

Even if your wage bill was a mere £600,000 per week, that's still £31million a season. Weekly wages of £900,000 would bring that to £46million.

You couldn't hope to reach £46million unless you sold someone for ridiculous money.

Gate Receipts+Merchandise+TV Money wouldn't even reach £46million in Serie A :(

Best advice i can give is to lower the wage bill as much as you can, adopt a good youth policy by signing future stars now and developing them so you can get them on low wages.

Commercial feeder clubs are only beneficial to clubs who have an active transfer policy and signing a Chinese player doesn't help (long held myth).

You'll probably struggle through the season, but the injection of Season Ticket money and Prize Money in the summer will bring your balance up.

The advice given is all very good and I'd like to add to it. Where have you got your scouts based? If they are all over the world, then maybe try get them assigned closer to home to lower your Scouting costs which I know won't be a drastic amount of money but it will help you get in the right direction finance-wise along with the other advice given. I think scouting costs come under 'Other' in the expenditure list iirc. :thup:

Archived