whats wrong with player naming?

People might get really annoyed if you tell them the players with high PA, which they'd prefer to find out themselves. I don't think it's such a big deal when you tell people that players like Messi are awesome, but if you tell them that within 5 games years, XX are the best players in the world, it can destroy the scouting part of the game.

Some people prefer to play the game without knowing the names of the unknown stars so they can find them for themselves.

wtf are you being serious? people look for little moments of self satisfaction like that?

wtf are you being serious? people look for little moments of self satisfaction like that?

What's wrong with that?

I feel it gives FM series games some extra quality - everybody can find their own game from FM. Some of us play lower leagues, some of us manage only their favourite club, some players want to buy all stars and win everything, some want to scout and discover new stars and make the best team from them.

So why spoil it?

Whilst I agree that sometimes it goes over the top (e.g. I have a small Argentinian winger who plays for Barcelona in my team) it is perfectly acceptable to not want to know who good players are. Often the players mentioned won't be well known like the winger above, so people will want to play the game as realistically as possible. It is a simulation game, after all.

If you want to talk about player names then the Good Player and Team Guide is the place for you. :)

Archived