Luton Challenge

Apologies to everyone if this has been posted before, I searched through the forums but came back with about 500 results and I really didn't want to search through them all.

Basically I am attempting to save Luton from relegation after getting bored of my previous saves with Newcastle, Exeter etc etc. If there is anyone else out there that has attempted this I would be intrigued to hear how everyone did, although there is a slight difference in my attempt:

I am not allowing myself to use tactics created by someone else

If there are enough people interested then I will continue to post to keep everyone updated on my progress, plus of course the tactics that ultimately lead to my success/failure. Please give me feedback on others that have previously attempted this challenge, and how it went for them, and of course from anybody that might be interested in my attempt at squeezing every drop of life out of FM09.

My basic tactic template that I am starting with is:

Flat back four

2 defensive mids with arrows forward (FARROWS)

1 centre mid with arrow backwards (BARROWS)

2 attacking wingers - one AML one AMR both with FARROWS

1 central striker

All of the team instructions, player instructions etc are being done as soon as I finish writing this and if there are enough interested people I will keep the post updated every 5 matches or so.

Cheers,

Jake

Archived