AI Squad Building.

I have read some posts saying that AI is pretty poor at building squads. Well take a look at this squad built by the AI.

I am in my second season as Manchester United. In season 1 Arsenal bought Mauro Camoranesi. He is getting on a bit but he is technically and mentally incredibly dangerous. Not a bad signing at all, but nothing to get upset over.

In season 2 Arsenal bought Franck Ribery and Joao Moutinho. They now have a midfield of Fabregas, Moutinho, Ribery and Camoranesi, with the likes of Arshavin, Nasri and Rosicky as backup. That is a rediculously potent midfield second only to Barcelona in terms of outright creativity. Now yes I am aware that FM09 Arsenal vastly outperforms the real life Arsenal, but my point is that with 3 signings in 2 years the AI has built Arsenal what is perhaps the greatest midfield on the planet.

Lucky me.

Beating that midfield is what put me 3 points ahead in the league. It is none the less a great squad the AI has put together and it is mowing down the rest of the league.

Their first 2 games were 8-0 and 6-1. If it wasn't for me beating them 5-2 they would be ahead of me on goal difference.

And when people say that we're talking about 10 seasons in, when Man U are still playing Ferdinand at CB.

Agreed. Long-term career games can be crippled by the inability of the AI managers to adequately recruit regens.

Not run a hands-off test game under 9.3, anyone aware of how new AI managers compare to under 9.2 or is there still a bit of a problem with not enough sufficiently talented new managers coming through?

Archived