Player Retires.

Aldair Retires.

Former Brazil player Aldair has decided to retire after a glorious career.

Although he never become a major star on the international scene, the forty-four year old central defender won 93 caps for his country and will be fondly remembered by those who saw him play.

Amen. This is a nice touch from SI. I was interested in signing this player if he became a coach, but alas he didn't. For me he was a quality player in the games I saw him play and a vital player in the Brazil teams I watched in my youth that got me hooked on football. Not much content in this post, I am sorry, but really nice to see and brings back a lot of memories.

Well, anyone that's played in two world-cup finals and won one of them deserves plenty of credit. He was in the squad for 90 and featured in two consecutive finals in 94 & 98. Featuring in three consecutive World Cup squads, winning on one occasion is testament to his quality over the years.

aldair.jpg

Now having entered the middle of "no man's land" within the summer months in my save and searching for new players before my second season begins, I find that Man Utd have released both Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville. :(

Needless to say, neither want to join me at the mighty Granada CF, which is a damn shame, I can tell you! ;)

Archived