FM09 with Windows 7

Has anyone tried to play this on windows 7?

Did it work? Was in any better?

been running FM09 on Windows 7 64bit, since the weekend, and it seems fine - no errors/crashes just yet....

didn't even have to install any *add-ons* either, just installed the game, authenticated, and has worked ever since! :)

wouldn't say it was any faster/slower than Vista 64 - haven't noticed any major improvement in speed, but that may come....

• 1 month later...

i find that it runs a lot better in win7 BUT it keeps causing the entire system to crash after about 10 mins of playing it. it just shutsdown straight away, no warning, just screen goes black and its gone. anyone experienced this?

btw im on win7 RC

Been playing the game on W7 for a little while now, and i haven't had any problems. Haven't noticed any speed differences on my system though :(

The only thing is that i have to play it in compatability mode.

i find that it runs a lot better in win7 BUT it keeps causing the entire system to crash after about 10 mins of playing it. it just shutsdown straight away, no warning, just screen goes black and its gone. anyone experienced this?

btw im on win7 RC

Never. If it's the entire system that shuts down, it sounds much like the problem I had 8 months ago. Came to the conclusion my power unit was going bye-bye and everytime the computer got a little hotter cause of higher workload (90%+ CPU usage) it restarted itself.

Never. If it's the entire system that shuts down, it sounds much like the problem I had 8 months ago. Came to the conclusion my power unit was going bye-bye and everytime the computer got a little hotter cause of higher workload (90%+ CPU usage) it restarted itself.

Sounds more like something is overheating and shutting the computer down for safety. Probably very little to do with the PSU.

I'm using Windows 7 RC and it's fantastic. Pre-ordered already for Oct 22nd when it's out.

Even Fallout 3 now works without the old CTD which was the case on Vista.

It's the most stable OS I've used for a long long time.

btw im on win7 RC

Like others have said it sounds like your having overheating issues. What processor (type and speed) and how much ram do you have?

Archived