Short Power Attribute

I don't think 'shot power' is a realistic attribute to have, it's FIFA-inspired nonsense.

How hard players shoot depends on a number of factors including Finishing, Long Shots, Technique, Strength, Balance and any relevant player traits.

Whilst there is a PPM for 'shoots with power' I wouldn't mind seeing a shot power attribute. One of my friends 'shoots with power' as do I. However I can kick it far more powerful then him.

Power of shots might be reflected in attributes like technique, strength, aggression etc. though.

I don't think 'shot power' is a realistic attribute to have, it's FIFA-inspired nonsense.

How hard players shoot depends on a number of factors including Finishing, Long Shots, Technique, Strength, Balance and any relevant player traits.

But it would be easier to have an attribute that tells you how hard a player shoots. Making shooting power dependant on Finishing, Long Shots, Technique, Strength, Balance will lead to problems in match engine.

Dont tell me you wouldnt find this a useful attribute.

apart from ppm's i just assumed it was a combination of technique, balance and long shots in that order.

i can see why strength aswell cause strong legs equal more power.

obviously fm's coding is not clever enough for this though

Strength doesn't correlate to shooting at all, it's ability to exert a force on an opponent. Neither does balance or aggression.

It would be a FIFA inspired attribute, nigh on impossible to judge too. The PPM setting apart the players who really smash it to those who are run of the mill when it comes to shot power, is perfect.

It would be a FIFA inspired attribute

whether or not its "FIFA inspired" shoudnt hinder its inclusion in the game. It would be a very useful stat to have when buying any player. Frank Lampards powerful shots are one of his greatest assets, this is the same with many other players so if there is no shot power it would be very difficult to re-create these players in the match engine.

It can come down to how the ball bounces or is positioned before the player strikes it though, I think it would be hard to work out for so many players, most are prob just middle. (10/20)

See Messi can hit a ball but he normally passes the ball into the back of the net so what would you give him out of 20.

Archived