Current FM09 Save?

Do you have an active FM09 save currently in progress?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have an active FM09 save currently in progress?

• Yes (please tell us a little bit about your save)
    • No (please state why?)

I'm voting no.

I started a save about six weeks ago with St. Albans City (again!) but for various reasons I haven't been actively playing it.

Mainly because I haven't had time to play FM lately but also because I've struggled to get into FM09 this year and haven't really had a great save game on the version. :(

So how about you?

C.

Failing journeyman game. In August 2018 and i've managed MLS and in England i have managed Bournemouth, Lincoln, Wycombe, Chesterfield, Oldham and now Morecambe. Im in League 1 and its my 2nd league 1 club all the rest have been league 2.

I've got two going. The first with Cambridge United in 2030-something but its too easy now, world champions in everything and richest club in the world by a mile. Still love it though. Mainly playing a save with Celtic though. Started at Hearts and did quite well before moving to Celtic halfway through the second season. They were midtable and miles behind Rangers but won it on goal difference beating Rangers on the final day! Trying to build a decent enough squad mixing young players with some of the older players already there to challenge a bit in Europe.

Playing a network game with my brother and a friend, Celtic and Rangers in the EPL, i am Celtic, Brother is Newcastle and mate is Rangers.

8 games into second season and loving it. cant get into a single player save and we do a network game every year.

Back end of June 2009 on my Granada CF save, which it's only taken me so long to play because of work, etc...

Have won promotion to the LIGA adelante and am now scouring the planet for some talented free regens, as my transfer budget will not be much better.

Highlights of my first season were holding Barça to a 1-1 draw at home in the Copa del Rey (Spanish Cup), before getting hammered 4-1 at Camp Nou. Signing a fabulous regen Nigerian winger, who's already attracting a lot of attention and finally, beating RM Castilla in the playoff finals, who fielded the likes of Javier Saviola & Javi Garcia.

Great first season, but I'm expecting a much stiffer challenge in season 2 :)

Active save, Have a few other saves but loving this one.

Currently in 2019/2020 season. Rangers - SPL

Won the SPL - 11 times

League Cup - 9 times

Scottish Cup - 11 times

Champions League - twice (too many final losses)

Super Cup - twice

Club World Cup - twice

Current form, 105 SPL matches unbeaten

Have some quality regens in my side that can be found in regen forums. Last season had an average season, player under-performing and such, I think due to me changing the pitch size. Now back to my previous pitch size, completely new formation to include a regen winger who reminds me of Ronaldo, and all is going well. Hes played 7, scored 4 and has 3 assists already. Certain players always reiginte my passion for the save.

Save is fun as Real Madrid and Ac Milan are so strong, Barca and Arsenal after them.

Best regens coming from:

Spain

France

Germany

Want to move to one of those leagues so I can have all nation squad but just cant seem to make the plunge.

Started off unemployed and with quite a few leagues on playable. My first job was with some South African team (name eludes me at the moment), but i quit there, since i felt i couldn't take them further than i had.

Then, and currently, i'm managing Mariehem in Swedish Lower Division, and just got them relegated after taking them up one division :(

Not quitting this one yet though :D

I have an active save game.

Edited to put the old firm in the EPL. Active leagues: Spain 1 & 2, Germany 1 & 2, Italy 1 & 2, England 1 & 2.

I usually manage Celtic in the EPL in FM games and I usually manage them for 2-3 seasons to consolidate their EPL position before moving on to another team usually in the second division of one of my active leagues.

However this save I have stayed with Celtic in the EPL. After finishing second in my first season I have now won the EPL 10 years running.

That plus:

5 CL's

4 World Club Champs

5 FA cups

7 LC

10 Charity Shields

I managed the Czech Rep from June 2013 to Feb 2014 but abandoned that sinking ship after a 5-0 doing from Turkey. Joined as Holland manager from July 2014 to July 2016 and got knocked out of the Euro's and the quarter finals by eventual winners Spain.

Took over as Spain manager July 2016 and still their after a world cup win. The date now is 28th Dec 2019.

Best regens are Scottish, German and Italian.

Man City are my main challengers for all comps. They are still managed by Mark Hughes. Barca are still managed by Pep, and Madrid are still managed by Ramos. In fact none of the top clubs seem to move managers at all in my game!

Do you have an active FM09 save at the moment?

If yes, tell us a little bit about it.

If no, why not?

C.

I voted yes. I currently have a long term career save going. Started at Lurgan Celtic in Northern Ireland then went to Ross County and am now at AFC Wimbledon in the year 2025. I proposed an idea a few weeks ago about the possibility of having maybe a sub forum to discuss our fm careers. Hopefully, the idea is being considered and we can all share each others stories in a bit more depth. :D

Yes, after winning everything with Manchester City (I was a fan long before even the Thai take-over :p) I decided to have another go with my home-town club Rosenborg BK in Norway. Enjoying it a lot as I always do with this team... The league is easy as you've got some fantastic players, but it's all about Europe!

Managing in Norway is quite interesting, the top division is pretty much Championship standard so you can always pick up loads of interesting signings on the cheap... Sadly, it's the same sort of work-permit hassle as in the UK.

Going good season 1, top of the league with about 8 games to go. Very short season, only 28 games :)

It's 2025 and I've recently replaced my 39 year old captain with my 26 year old superstar striker. The side has been handed a difficult as with 2 key players in mutiny and a further 4 out with injuries, but he has taken the weight and has inspired an amazing start to the season, let alone in the circumstances. 12 games, 12 wins, 23 scored and 4 conceded.

I've been at quite a few teams in my relatively short managerial career such as; Bournemouth, Watford, Empoli, West Brom, Everton, and Ghana. I'm currently Tranmere Rovers in 2015/16 season, just got promoted and I'm really struggling to keep my starplayers. I'm actually thinking of resigning and getting another job!

Several seasons in. On to my second fictional manager.

My first manager was a guy named Benjamin Castles (English). He had a long a illustrious career. His rough career is below:

Diagoras (6 seasons): Greek 2nd Division winners and Greek Superleague Title

Feyernoord (1 season): Dutch Cup (poor league campaign so I left!)

Blackburn Rovers (6 seasons): FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup

England (6 years): World Cup, European Championship and Confederations Cup

AC Milan (6 seasons): 5 Seire A Titles, 3 Italian Cups, 2 European Cups, 2 Italian Super Cups and 1 Euro Super Cup.

Man City (2 seasons): 1 European Cup and 1 Premiership Title

Unemployed (4 seasons): My manager hit 69 years old so I decided to have a break.

Diagoras (half a season): as a 73 year old I went back to save my first club from relegation from the Greek Superleague, which I did!

My second manager (a current manager) is a guy named Brendan Melody. I added him at Southampton after they were relegated to the Blue Square Prem.

Southampton (in my 6th season) in Premiership now - 2 years in Blue Square Prem (2nd/1st) League 2 title, League 1 title, Championship runners up, now sitting 16th in Prem.

I think this is right...

I'm into the 2024/25 season with Real Betis and Cameroon.

I started unemployed with international player reputation (easy...I know) and the top two divisions loaded from England, Scotland, Holland, Portugal, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.

I started with Pompey after being offered the job when the game started - first season I finished 7th but then halfway through the next season I moved to Spurs (Spurs fan in real life so had to take it).

Quite a few seasons at Spurs (7/8 I think) where I won 4 Prem titles and 1 Champions League title (also some FA and League Cups).

Moved to Inter Milan where I stayed 4 years - won the Serie A 3 times and the Champions League twice. Also won the World Club Championship.

Moved to Siena in Serie A - finished 7th in first season and qualified for Europa League.

Halfway through second season with Siena I moved to Real Betis - managed to get them to 7th after joining whilst they were 17th. Second season with Betis I finished a disappointing 6th after being in with a real challenge for the league title - bad fade away at the end of the season!

Done half a season of 2024/25 now (second full season at Betis) and I'm up against it with them only in 8th position - must get them into Champions League or I think I may be up for the chop!

I'd like to win something with Real Betis - I moved from Inter Milan to Siena because Siena had never won anything and I wanted a challenge to win something for a smaller club, but then Betis came in and I moved because I'd originally wanted to move to a Spanish club when I was looking at leaving Inter - Betis fitted the bill because they don't have anything major of note on their honours list.

If I do well at Betis (or get the sack!) I'll be looking at clubs in Holland, Portugal, Germany, France or Scotland who haven't won anything serious but have a good setup.

During my career I've also managed Holland, Italy, Czech Republic and now Cameroon. I've not won anything on the international scene - although I did get Italy to a World Cup final...but got beat by the Argies 1-0...buggers!

I have a current season going.

Im in 2022 where Iv got Leicester to the premier league before taking Portugal

to world cup glory by beating England 4-0. Im now managing Inter Milan back

to their former glory as they were struggling in 10th place when I took over,

Made a few signings and now they are top after 8 games.

Yes. I'm currently into my 3rd season with West Ham after a 10th place finish in season 1 and a 9th place finish in season 2. Performed poorly in the cup competitions both seasons so I'm hoping for a better cup run this season. Currently sitting 7th after 5 games so far with a W2 D2 L1 record. Hopefully I can get European football this season.

Two saves running.

On i am doing Dafuge's challenge (fc united) and I am in the championship in 2016/7 challengeing for the playoffs. I have won the Bsp and that is about it:D.

Also I am at barcelona for when I am not enjoying Daf's challenge and I am in season 1.

No. I have had enough of playing with such an irresponsive game.

My first competitive match in my third stint on 07 saw me combat the AI with a series of tactical masterstrokes. I don't want to bore you with detail, but my favourite was dropping the D-Line and bringing on another DM when I had to take my fast defender off. I made two subsitutions for one tactical change, and it worked brilliantly. Doing the same in 09 would have left my attack very isolated because player movement is rubbish.

In my second match, I forgot to drop the D-Line after my fast DC moved to DL, so I was punished by a high ball over the top which a speedy striker ran onto and scored from.

That is what makes 07 such a brilliant game, it's tactically responsive, it does what you tell it to, and unlike 09, it has a decent ME (SFraser, is that comment just to hit back at me?)

Currently in my second season with Barca. Last year came second on 100 points to Real on 101 (with Vagner Love scoring two in injury time in the last game to pip me), lost CL semi to Asenal 3-1; 0-5 after telling squad "don't get complacent" in second leg (will never do that again) and losing the Copa del Rey on pens to Real.

So this year I'm aiming to do so much better.

Am also applying for Sweden job, for a bit of fun.

Just finished the 2018/19 season with Exeter - have managed to move them to the Premier League & win Champions League in this time all through legit means with no FMRTE etc, St. James' Park is no more also as there is now a nice new stadium with my name on it...sometimes this game can be a little easy but other times impossible!

I'm in January 2023, top of the EPL with Man City after starting at Celtic and moving on to Zaragoza - Milan - Man U (the only team I got sacked by in this career so far) then got the job at City and after a top 10 finish in my first season there have since gone on to dominate the Prem and am looking to conquer Europe now with them (although that may have to wait another year as just got drawn against Real Madrid in the CL last 16).

Yeah, I have an active game.

Started with Newcastle in the Championship, I updated promotions/relegations in Prem/Championship myself.

At the end of August in my second season, went up in 2nd from the Championship, finished on something like 103 points, which any other year would have nailed the title by about 10 points, but Middlesbrough performed wonders and got 109ish. But, somehow, I won the FA Cup first season! Best teams I played were Everton in the semi's, then Pompey in the final.

Signed some good players, Marquinhos, Marquinhos, Sakho etc. Not had the best start to a campaign though, lost 2/2 in the league, 3-0 up on aggregate at the moment in EURO Cup qualifying.

Active save: 34 days, 19 hours.

But get this ..... 1st October 2010

Am I the slowest manager on the planet?

If you hadn't specifically asked, I would never mention my save; I'll openly state from the outset that I've created a 'superteam' (which is Charlton Ath. restaffed and renamed as my university) and use FMRTE. Half my time is spent editing rather than playing. The reason I've created a superteam is not to win everything and feel very clever, but to test out the tactical theories of the gurus on the tactics forum. I'm really enjoying it. When I feel that I've got a deep insight into tactics, I'll probably start a new save with an ordinary team and no editor, and see how I do.

What I actually did when I created my team was to cherry-pick ONE player from each EPL side (okay, two in one case!) to make up my first team squad, then put high-PA kids into my U18s. I've bought and sold a few since then; my first team squad doesn't have all household names, but they fit into my system very well:

GK Swiss international

DCs Ukrainian, Swiss and U21 German internationals

WBs English U21 and N.Irish internationals

MCs Essien and Gerrard (*cough*)

AMC Argentinian youth international

FCs Ronaldo and Torres (*cough, splutter*) - just acquired Aguero too!!

i have a save that i havent played for a while but im about to get back into it. I have had assignments due the last few weeks and now i have exams for the rest of this week and next week so its been a while, but as soon as my exams are over i have six weeks off in which time i will be mainly playing fm.

Anywho, my save is for gundo's european challenge and i am about to head into my fourth season with Mervue United in the Irish First Division. Narrowly missing out on promotion last season means ill be pushing for that first division trophy this season hopefully securing my first silverware on this save.

Over the past few seasons i haven't had any money to spend but i have still made some great signings. Alan O'connor has been the best scoring over 20 goals for me last season and i also managed to bring in Jamie Devitt who carved up down our right.

Where i pick up? In the preseason i have just signed a regen cente back with amazing physical attributes who will hopefully be strong for me at the age of 19.

Archived