fm10 board manager relations suggestion

I feel this part of the game needs major attention, and for the best should actualy be re-worked. like cut out the code and re-write it.

for a start you should be able to compete with other managers for the jobs by applying and attending interveiws.

at this stage you should negotiate your plans for the club, long term success/ immediate success etc. and your style of management and what kind of staffing arrangements you will work under (which could include director of football, assistants, assistants you want to bring with, other types of staff).

chairmans stats should have an impact on this.

then if you win the job you can proceed with your personal contract negotiations.

throughout the game instead of being able to make board requests whenever you please you should have arranged board meetings for your involvement every few months.

eg.

after season (for transfer window budget n finances, investment in youth etc. groundsmen directions (rough pitch/smooth pitch and pitch sizes))

mid season (transfer window again)

latter stage of season (affiliates plans, training and youth facilities, stadium plans be it expansion or plans for a new stadium (it should definately be distinguished though so everyone can financially prepare), long term plans, short term plans)

this way is more realistic of how a board and manager work together and can guide both in financially preparing.

and affiliates can play a big part in world scouting.

would love to hear a rare answer from si, discuss

not for me, we get enough repeatedly stupid questions in press conferences, let alone trying to add more with 'interviews'

:thup: I don't think we need any more features to decipher.

not for me, we get enough repeatedly stupid questions in press conferences, let alone trying to add more with 'interviews'

in case you haven't noticed you can get your assistant to handle all the tedious press conference stuff.

invalid point.

plus the system i see would be more like a interactive contract negotiation type of screen, not so answer 1,2,3 or 4 repeated

understandink ppl?

plus only being about 3 small quick meetings throughout the year (which takes years) it would not be time consuming. game loading is time consuming!

in the one and only interview before you join the club

there would not be any repeatedly stupid questions, it would look very much like a pre-contract negotiation screen.

sounds long in writing but in actual game play it would be seconds.

your missing the point.

all these screens imaginatevly would look like the current manager contract negotiation screen.

i agree though with press conferences. they should be got rid of in the main. just another annoying feature to sell the new game which actually only de-hances the gameplay.

this would en-hance the gameplay

think u have missed the points. the press interview last all season long and serve no real purpose.

the suggestion author of this post made would have an actual impact to a manager's planning for the club and his team. we can't say just because if there are some aspects of the game when keep repeating itself would become boring and decide to avoid them. if so, we might as well throw away all the TRAINING, TACTIC. afterall, those stuff aren't exactly interesting either.

at the moment, the manager is basically powerless to stop any decision the board made. the best example is when the board decides to overrule the manager and sell the star players. The manager is basically powerless to do anything about it. That is just not right. if SI decides to add the board interference, they should have added an option for the manager to response to it in order to BALANCE things up.

so more board-manager interaction cannot possibly be a bad things. and if anything, it would make this game more REAL.

Agree, particularly with your first ideas. When you decline a lucrative job out of loyalty for your club, you wonder why you bothered, the disinterest is so deafening. They should bang in with a new contract offer while you're mulling over the alternative offer at the very least.

elgreenio if you didn't want to attend a board meeting (which is a minor screen that lasts a few seconds) once every hours and hours of gameplay then im sure there would be an option to not attend.

the interview screen which like the already current contract negotiating screen would last a few seconds and you would only have to do it ONCE to get the job, which ideally you would be in for a long time anyway.

the default settings could just say immediate short term success and default staffing arrangements if you are that desperate.

elgreenio the same board relation system has been in use since i first played cm01/02, it hasn't changed a bit. its out-dated.

im not quite sure what your looking for in a football management game? enlighten me?

ellaborate on what?

the personal contract negotiations (the one you have to do as a manager when taking over a new club) are already currently in the game :-s

elgreenio if you didn't want to attend a board meeting (which is a minor screen that lasts a few seconds) once every hours and hours of gameplay then im sure there would be an option to not attend.

the interview screen which like the already current contract negotiating screen would last a few seconds and you would only have to do it ONCE to get the job, which ideally you would be in for a long time anyway.

the default settings could just say immediate short term success and default staffing arrangements if you are that desperate.

elgreenio the same board relation system has been in use since i first played cm01/02, it hasn't changed a bit. its out-dated.

gotta say the way you're laying it out just doesn't appeal to me, although i think i would like to see some more negotiation in terms of job offers, where you can set your ambitions there (especially when taking over a club mid-season when inevitabely your budget is already set)

im not quite sure what your looking for in a football management game? enlighten me?

ellaborate on what?

the personal contract negotiations are already currently in the game :-s

apologies, i thought you had an idea on improving the current contract negotiation structure, instead of the pointless drivel that it is now

gotta say the way you're laying it out just doesn't appeal to me, although i think i would like to see some more negotiation in terms of job offers, where you can set your ambitions there (especially when taking over a club mid-season when inevitabely your budget is already set)

right there you just agreed with me! my first point. It would ADD to being able to set your ambitions.

apologies, i thought you had an idea on improving the current contract negotiation structure, instead of the pointless drivel that it is now

see above. the first point. yes if it is easier for you to understand it would be an improvement to the current negotiation structure. I would call it a pre-contract negotiator, the interview basically. to see if your suited to the job they want a manager to do, and to see if your plans suit them.

all part of more interaction with the board and chairman which is currently lacking.

I quite like the points about re-negotiation of the manager contract being more realistic after turning down offers from other clubs. I was a little disgruntled that Granada CF only offered me €150 a week more after guiding them to promotion, a decent cup run and turning down several jobs from LIGA BBVA or overseas clubs.

I'm struggling to feed my virtual children on these wages! ;)

Job applications aren't a problem for me. I like the simplicity. Too much complication will just produce more problems for people playing the game.

I'd like to see more interraction between them re transfers, though. Players being sold over your head should be negotiable, especially youngsters. £5million for a 19 year old valued at £800k may sound good but if you have cheated and looked at his PA or it happens to be one of the famous high-PA youngsters you know he'll be worth £30million in a couple of years time - you should be able to explain why you think you should hang on to him. If the club is in financial trouble, of course the chairman will sell, but when you are well in the black there should be some room for debate.

one of the reasons you should have greater relations with your board is so you can plan for the future. if your board are looking to build a new stadium then you as a manager will need to know so you can adjust your wages and spending accordingly. currently you have no clue about new stadiums until the last moment.

you need more feedback from them. currently you have loads of money and NEVER get a new stadium (after the first time), and you can't ask why or be told why. you are expected to maintain great success with no realistic budget. thats why you need long term strategy relations with your board.

EVEN CM01/02 HAS CHAIRMAN STATS VEIWABLE!

same with affiliated clubs. you need to expand but you are capped at a measly 4. and your board will not tell you why. there needs to be INTERACTION!

different chairmans want different things.

like mike ashley and past newcastle owners have wanted instant success. financing for short term success

same with chelsea. arsenal and man u have wanted long term success and have appropriately financed for that.

name me 1 succsesfull team in the world where the manager and board are not a team.

in modern day football it's a neccesity

Archived