Is there any point in blooding youngsters?

Im about to start a new game and, having failed miserably this year with my usual games where i start with automatic reputation in the blue square premier, i have decided just to try being man utd or someone similar with international reputation, just so i can win something before the next version comes out!

I like the idea of trying to keep the club on a financially sound footing so part of my plan is not to buy many superstars but, instead, to slowly introduce my most promising youngsters into the side, with only the occasional big signing when required.

Does giving youngsters first team football (either sub appearances when im winning games comfortably or loaning them out to CCC clubc) actually imporve them as it does in real life, or is it the case that i might as well not bother introducing them into the side until they get a bit older and reach their peak?

Im about to start a new game and' date=' having failed miserably this year with my usual games where i start with automatic reputation in the blue square premier, i have decided just to try being man utd or someone similar with international reputation, just so i can win something before the next version comes out!

I like the idea of trying to keep the club on a financially sound footing so part of my plan is not to buy many superstars but, instead, to slowly introduce my most promising youngsters into the side, with only the occasional big signing when required.

Does giving youngsters first team football (either sub appearances when im winning games comfortably or loaning them out to CCC clubc) actually imporve them as it does in real life, or is it the case that i might as well not bother introducing them into the side until they get a bit older and reach their peak?[/quote']

Playing matches accelerates the fulfillment of a player's PA (Potential Ability). So yes!

Sometimes yu get a messaage from your assistant manager say X player has greatly benfited from regular first team football, and at that point if you check their attributes many of them will have increased sharply that month.

Take it from me its worth it. I took that direction in my save (in 2019 now), with buying superstars when I really needed them. Using youth is cheap and satisfying when you see what they can turn into, even better when its regens as you have no clue as their potential or what they are like, where as real players, most people know that Saivet turns out quite well.

Play them. Last season I took a risk putting an average young CM in my title-chasing Wolves side, and he was an absolute revolation. Broke my assists record, and by some distance, and improved dramatically to the extent that he is now a Wonderkid. Won English Player of the Year and Wolves fans' player. :D

Since you're going to be spending a considerable amount of money on the Loan Repayments and Wages, it's probably a good idea anyway to develop the youngsters you have and sign good youngsters from other teams. Selling them on with a 50% future clause will ensure you get a nice slice of any future fee should the player fulfull his potential elsewhere.

Archived