Under Pressure or Complacent- which is it?

Here's a dilemma:

Team playing well, winning most games- Home game against a weaker team

Asst report pre game picks out a player who is stuggling to cope with the pressure- I would normally tell him the pressure is off him today

Next line of the Asst report tells me that the same player is exhibiting over confidence and complacency in the warm up- normally I would expect a performance from this player with this report

So which report do I listen to and which player talk is the correct one?

Dunno if there is one correct one. I would use 'Expect a performance', just cause I expect alot from my players as I know what they are capable off. If just signed then 'pressure off'. I never really use 'pressure off' for long serving players

Here's a dilemma:

Team playing well, winning most games- Home game against a weaker team

Asst report pre game picks out a player who is stuggling to cope with the pressure- I would normally tell him the pressure is off him today

Next line of the Asst report tells me that the same player is exhibiting over confidence and complacency in the warm up- normally I would expect a performance from this player with this report

So which report do I listen to and which player talk is the correct one?

In my honest experiance it's usually better to lean on the side of pressuring your players in these situations. That said, i'd just leave him be and wait for half time.

Archived