managers always say stuff like

they hope their player can continue to do well in training

it helps you to be able to see

who has worked hard in traning

and merits a place in the squad

for your next game

vice versa

who has been awful in training and will not play in ur next game

i cant imagine anybody disagreeing with this....

the ability to watch ur players training

this adds to rhe realism of the game

jus like in real life

managers always say stuff like

they hope their player can continue to do well in training

it helps you to be able to see

who has worked hard in traning

and merits a place in the squad

for your next game

vice versa

who has been awful in training and will not play in ur next game

i cant imagine anybody disagreeing with this....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by disasterd:

i cant imagine anybody disagreeing with this.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong!

Training needs a lot of work, but not this. It needs to be more relevant to match day with the things you concentrate on (like which formation you play, offside etc) making a difference to the team.

i forgot to add something...

it helps to know when to bring a player in to the match day squad...when they are ready to play.

e.g eduardo for arsenal

before xmas he hardly played in the prem

but arsene stated he had been traning well.

So it can help with transfers aswell

trialists, and players your not to sure about..

instead of just chucking them in a game just for them to play poorly

you can see how well the train

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Optimistic Dave:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by disasterd:

Wrong!

Training needs a lot of work, but not this. It needs to be more relevant to match day with the things you concentrate on (like which formation you play, offside etc) making a difference to the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what are you talking about

why wouldnt you want to see your players train

i think ur just disagreeing bcoz i said nobody will disagree

I don't think it'd be a good idea to watch our players training; it would just be silly and nobody would bother after a while. Although I think there needs to be a major difference with the training engine; E.G there aren't many ways of testing new players and deciding who to pick other than asking your coaches or going by attributes and what you know already. Instead of 'players that have trained well this past month' it should be daily, in detail reports on each and every player you wish to have.

IMO there could be a weekly report but instead of telling you what happened in training and who done well it could give OPTION of showing you what sort of things players done rather than watching all training. I wouldn't use it but it would be helpful for lower league teams

As it is, it takes quite a lot of playing time to complete a season. Much of what happens in the game is a proxy for what happens IRL. Training is a perfect example of this.

To a manager IRL, what happens in training is the most important input a manager has. But within FM, there is no way to replicate that and keep the game playable.

As it is, newcomers (and even some veterans of CM/FM) complain loudly at not being to understand the tactical interface. Let's not make things worse by creating an inscrutible training interface to go with it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FrazT:

The effectiveness of training reports can be greatly increased but watching them train is not a feature that would excite me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

^^What he said.

I agree that it would be very boring to have to watch your players train.

It gets old just managing friendlies in a long term game.

Plus what would they show and what would you see them doing?

The only person who would get anything out of this feature would be someone who takes control of both the U18s and reserves and i dont know anyone who does that.

A full-time squad trains pretty much every day. If you had to watch that, it would take forever to complete a week, let alone a season. I could imagine that training sessions would require even more processing than matches.

I'd like to add my approval for an improvement to training, especially to reports. That would really improve the game. But watching the place train is just not necessary, and would be too time-consuming. And saying everyone would agree with the idea was always going to be the kiss of death!

i cant imagine anybody agreeing with this.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fixed it.

There's so much wrong with the idea that it's hard to know where to start.

- Too time consuming;

- Too repetitive;

- Too inconclusive (how do we know player x has trained well in a discipline? He's just a little circle chasing a smaller circle);

- Too much effort on SI's behalf (they would have to code something akin to a second match engine to sit alongside the current training module which calculates the attribute changes); which leads to

- Too many opportunities to create new bugs.

Sorry, but there are many, many ways to improve the game and/or the training in FM but this isn't one imo.

3d graphical representation is undoubtedly the future of football management gaming.

Whether SI embraces this is up to them, but they should at least consider it.

We are at that stage in graphics development that to do it well would take far, far too long to develop. They could not do it adequately in the time scale needed. We would get repitition and we would get bored very, very quickly.

BUT it is something that eventually happen in the genre, but possibly on the consoles where there are more ambitious developers working.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">3d graphical representation is undoubtedly the future of football management gaming.

Whether SI embraces this is up to them, but they should at least consider it.

We are at that stage in graphics development that to do it well would take far, far too long to develop. They could not do it adequately in the time scale needed. We would get repitition and we would get bored very, very quickly.

BUT it is something that eventually happen in the genre, but possibly on the consoles where there are more ambitious developers working. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This place would be chaos i remember when 2d graphics where introduced

and imagine the complaints of unrealstic FM moments

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bongo-Bongo:

Why would I want to watch my players train? Sounds incredibly dull if you ask me.

More training feedback would be good, but only in the form of coach reports. Watching some blobs running around some cones though? I'd rather shoot myself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes. more training feedback.

let the game simulate the watching of the training and get the ass.man to give more detailed training reports.

its great that the game currently says who trained well and who trained particularly badly but a bit more detail, not to mention the game actually working with that extra detail rather than it just being cosmetic that it shows more detail, and that would be great.

how about something if found in another management game (cant remember which)

training was done similar to fm but once a month a more detailed training session was done with feed back from assistant, there would be a set amount of time for training and each 'activity' took the time away (so it wouldn't go on forever) and you would get feedback with stuff like

player 'X' seem to trying too hard to impress by shooting at every oppertunity,

or

player 'y' seems uninterested(when you make them do a 1hour cross country.)

*sits back and awaits being told to play Fifa or CM*

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Optimistic Dave:

Wrong!

Training needs a lot of work, but not this. It needs to be more relevant to match day with the things you concentrate on (like which formation you play, offside etc) making a difference to the team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Erm thats precisely what watching training would allow you to do.

The OP probably didnt go into enough detail but this would have to be a passive experience, it would give us the sandpit to try new things out, see how players react to these things and also see how youngsters might fit into your existing team etc etc.

I dont even think initially this would need to influence any player attribute changes as it would be so useful to not have to arrange friendlies or use live games to experiment.

agree that training feature will need some improving in future. becouse at the minute there is only individual improving aspect of training.

tactical aspect is missing. which is even more important then player development, for 1st team players, once a season begins, IMO.

I don't think SI would make something like watching trainings in near future. but I'd like to see some tactical features included in tactical system; like prepering for next match feature- making team plan for next match...I think that would bring more reality then watching training sessions.

I would just like a weekly training update,

eg Player A has been doing well and should be given a game this weekend, maybe as a late substitute.

Player B has been struggling all week with fitness, a rest from the next game would be useful.

Player C as always should be first on the team sheet, he has excelled in training again.

How accurate these reports would be would obviously be dictated by how good your ass man is.

1 thing that needs overhaoul before anything alse, is how players improve. it just isn't realistic now. all stats going up at the same moment, no difference how mental, technical and pshysical improve, more influence of actualy playing 1st team football on improvment...

At the moment training is the worst it`s ever been, i get a weekly report that shows me the 3 players that trained the best and when i look there are no improvements, the ones who didn`t train that well have a couple of green arrows, surely they should be in the top half. Why isn`t the training schedule worked out like it used to be, early morning, late morning, afternoon, late afternoon. For me training on 07 was better than this one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Wizard boy:

At the moment training is the worst it`s ever been, i get a weekly report that shows me the 3 players that trained the best and when i look there are no improvements, the ones who didn`t train that well have a couple of green arrows, surely they should be in the top half. Why isn`t the training schedule worked out like it used to be, early morning, late morning, afternoon, late afternoon. For me training on 07 was better than this one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

From what i remember training was exactly the same in 07!

The monthly training report from the Asst Manager seems to focus on attribute training, without giving you feedback on other issues.

Elsewhere there have been suggestions for expanding the Asst Manager's role and this sounds like an opportunity for me.

Maybe you should receive a weekly or monthly report from the assistant manager with various categories:

Training

Which players are in form, fired up for the weekend's game, struggling for fitness, tired, work well in which positions

Tactics and formations

Which formations the team are comfortable with (e.g. if you pulled an odd formation out of the hat last week, getting feedback from the players if they felt it worked/ didn't work), what areas the Ass Man feels you should work on (attacking, shooting, set pieces), effectiveness of training.

Dressing room

Team and individual morale, concerns, which players like/ dislike each other, feedback on discipline

Player development

(Maybe with input from youth coaches) - Which players are seen as the best prospects, which would benefit from mentoring, and what players might be well suited personality wise to mentor them

Potential signings

What positions are we weakest in? What players are approaching the end of their careers?

Maybe not all of this would be needed every week but you can skip over an email in a moment. To be honest I never read all the feedback on international performances, for example.

Training needs to be improved, it is falling far behind the rest of the game but I don't think watching the training is the right direction to take. I think not only would it be time consuming but it would be rather pointless and also bring up a lot of unnecessary problems. I have discussed in the past how I feel training should/can be improved. I won't go into detail on it but needless to say it is not watching training but rather something that would bring substance to the game and be of use, IMO the ability to watch training would not have those qualities and would simply be a "gimmick" feature.

To the OP, never get cocky about how good your suggestion is, on these forums you can soon be made to look foolish. icon_smile.gif

Archived