Hard Times......

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but oh well.... Right here's my problem. Everytime I start a game, get my tactic's done, training schedules, staff and players in and out, scouting and all that. Just merely after a few hours on the game, I get bored and end up quitting. Do any other people do this? If so what do you do to solve this. Many thanks, Dunny000.

This probably should be in the general forum.

But personally I have never experienced what you have.

Either I take charge of my favorite club, or I do a journeyman career.

I find the journeyman career more challenging and exciting. Trying to compile as many clubs from countries around the world onto my CV. And starting in the lower leagues of every country is great fun.

My main aim would be to have knowledge of many countries before attempting to take the job at my favorite club.

Perhaps you could try that.

Try a lower league game mate, definately increased my enjoyment level after getting bored of playing with top clubs. Right now im 10 seasons or so in on my Alfreton game, heaps fun and probably wont ever start with a bigger club again.

ps: also not sure if this would be the right section for you to post in.

yeh i got QPR to win the trebel and european cup, and got bored of that save after signing Kaka, too easy every match, and starting out with a big club never appealed to me, it is far too easy.

So I decided i'd try to take my girfriends club, Lyn Oslo, to the absolute top and win the European cup. My favorite part of the game is scouting and finding hidden gems, so this save has been my favorite so far. It is a good challenge because I was only given 200k at the start and no player on Lyn was worth more than 400k, so I had to pick up absolute cheap bargains, not to mention Lyn starts out about bottom 10 in the Tippenlaegen with strong teams like Viking, Tromso, and of course Rosenberg. I am already qualified for champions league and alot of my young stars are peaking, I'm about to make my first assault at European glory, and this is by far the most fun and rewarding save for me, snapping up bargains and scouting the most bizarre leagues.:thup:

Thanks for the tips everyone but I'm gonna go for West Ham :D Hopefully I'll not get bored !!! BTW I think why I get bored is that all clubs buy too many people in the window and I get annoyed because I'm not one for spending coin when managing lol.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but oh well.... Right here's my problem. Everytime I start a game, get my tactic's done, training schedules, staff and players in and out, scouting and all that. Just merely after a few hours on the game, I get bored and end up quitting. Do any other people do this? If so what do you do to solve this. Many thanks, Dunny000.

Sounds exactly like me mate. I'll go through 1 week game time as a team then I'll just delete my game purpously for no reason. I'm trying to stop it by banning myself from FM so when I can play it again I'll have the hunger and desire to get a really good game going.

Sounds exactly like me mate. I'll go through 1 week game time as a team then I'll just delete my game purpously for no reason. I'm trying to stop it by banning myself from FM so when I can play it again I'll have the hunger and desire to get a really good game going.

Yep exactly the same !

What, so you don't even make it to the start of the season fixtures before quitting? :eek:

I know it usually takes me a good couple of hours to get all that setup aswell but after I've done that I'm far from bored and can't wait for the season to start. The shortest game I've ever had in any FM series is about 1 season long, and that was with my beloved Aberdeen - they frustrate me so much :mad:

Actually I haven't even started a Dons save on FM09 yet :o

This happens to me sometimes but mainly because I have my favourite save just sitting there, waiting for me to play. Every time I start a new save with a random club I think to myself, why am I doing this game when I could be on my other save.

The start up is the hardest thing to get past, training, getting staff/players in, tactics, it takes ages as others have mentioned. Probably one of the biggest 'walls' FM gamers face with new saves

Archived