Running a Couple of Tests

I've got 2 PC's at my disposal both running FM. I'm wondering if there are any tests anyone would like me to run. Before you ask it's part boredom part interest in how this game runs as I've been a big fan ever since the first CM came out. Took me 2 hours to load a game but man I loved it.

Right now I'm thinking about running a training test going for an extreme 1 star coach scenario, 4 star coach scenario and a 7 star coach scenario using top quality players.

The reason I'm doing it with top quality players is I read something in those game hints you get when processing that better quality players need better quality coaches. Is there anything conclusive about 7 star coaches and the better quality players?

I'm also running a Regen/manager test by running the game for 18-20 years and (hopefully someone can point me in the right direction) using some sort of program to look at every player's/staff 's attributes. Maybe run it a couple of times to see if it's completely dire or if it's still playable.

On a side note. Does anyone know if it's more effective to have scouts scour U-18 leagues, entire nations looking for player 18 at most or regions 18 at most? And are the reports that come in when scouting leagues, nations and regions a one off report or a detailed "I watched the players for 3 matches this is what I think report"?

The reason I ask is my scouts (20 determination 20 JPA) come back with very few reports. Considering there are 22 players that play every game theoretically they should add 8 - 15 players a month.

Archived