End up in debt from takeover?

See threads about alot of takeovers in the game and only noticed two myself, Liverpool who were in financial trouble and Derby who have just got promoted to EPL and spent GBP65m in August....move over Man City. But do clubs in the game end up with a debt from a takeover like for example the Man Utd takeover. Just curious as alot of clubs start with a loan debt but after say 10 seasons all these loans would be paid off so no club should have liabilities or can you somehow get a bank loan?

Im pretty sure they take out loans for a stadium, unless you have a sugar daddy

Im 10 seasons into my save and theres alot of tycoons going around.

Ipswich

AC Milan (richest club 1 bil, great challenge in Europe)

Rangers (My club, young Russian billionare pulled the plug to invest heaps into the club in 2016)

Getafe

Betis

Ascoli (in 2008 though)

Few more I forgot

Depends who does the takeover, when my club was takenover the chairman cleared the debt. If promoted within, your still going to have that debt to pay. In FM you as the manager should really be trying to make money to clear that debt after a few seasons, the more money you make from transfers increases the balance, then you might get a message in your inbox saying that the debt has been paid off.

Not all takeovers leave you with more money; the OP raises a good question - do some leave you worse off? In my save every year the chairman is trying to sell up to one or other of the directors. There's no chance of more money if it goes through but I keep getting subjected to transfer embargos and various hassles until the deal invariably breaks down.

Not all takeovers leave you with more money; the OP raises a good question - do some leave you worse off?

I was taken over in my first season at Bognor Regis. A new loan debt of 18k appeared on the club accounts. That money was not used to increase the balance (hoho), nor was it used by me.

Archived