Chelsea elegated 2010

I'm currently managing FC Bayern in 2011 after moving from Celtic last season. I 've just noticed something UNBELIEVABLE, Chelsea are top of the Championship, they were relegated last season in 20th position. Still at the club are the likes of Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Malouda, Van Der Vaart, Cole, A.Cole, Essien, etc, etc. How is it possible this side were anywhere close to Relegation, has this happened in anyone else's game?

Barnes

Originally posted by Stemlfc65:

Happens a lot I believe within the first five years.

I've seen Man Utd relegated by 2009 due to docked points.

Man Utd were also relegated in my game too and were bankrupt at a point,

Im in 2030 season and thewy have been in the championship for 10 seasons/

I'm trying to get them as a feeder club icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Digger Barnes:

I'm currently managing FC Bayern in 2011 after moving from Celtic last season. I 've just noticed something UNBELIEVABLE, Chelsea are top of the Championship, they were relegated last season in 20th position. Still at the club are the likes of Terry, Lampard, Drogba, Malouda, Van Der Vaart, Cole, A.Cole, Essien, etc, etc. How is it possible this side were anywhere close to Relegation, has this happened in anyone else's game?

Barnes

West Ham were relegated with Joe Cole, Michael Carrick, David James, Freddy Kanoute, Glen Johnson, Jermaine Defoe, Paulo Di Canio, Edouard Cisse, Lee Bowyer, Trevor Sinclair & etc. I know we weren't Premiership challengers but still a top side on paper. Sometimes clubs just have a bad season.

liverpool in my game. same year too. they were relegated with the same team that won the league in 2008. no docked points or bankruptcy, i can't really explain it. they kept babel, torres, gerrard, kuyt & agger, but most of the first teamers left. they came back up straight away & finished 6th, yet they are currently 18th in december 2012 (battling with 17th placed everton, obviously) despite adding affelay & menez among others. no logic whatsoever.

i might take them over if the job is available before the end of this season, but i tried in 2010 and they let rafa take them down. i think it's stuart pearce at the helm.

Yeah Valencia nearly got relegated this season in the Spainish league and they've got a very good side, this could happen, but i doubt any of the top 4 in England will ever get relegated in my life time, as they're got all of the money and power to sign the top players.

2021: Chelski are perpetually in debt, an all their decent players have either buggered off or retired. Have been scrapping around the relegation spot for about 4 years now. Leeds (not a big club now, I know, but still) have just followed up their Premiership disaster by being docked points in both League 1 and the Championship a couple of seasons later.

I'm in 2017 and Man U and Arsenal are in the relegation zone at Christmas. Man U will probably pull out, but Arsenal are looking a lot like Derby since they lost Adebayor and Fabregas. And didn't replace them despite being one of the richest clubs on the planet.

Archived