So I decided to see what happens if I bid £40 mil for an average BSP player...

So, in the build up to a massive match I thought to myself... Why not bid £40 mil for an average Blue Square Premier League player, and see what affect it has on him, the club and his actual reaction. Of course I'd never actually sign him, but as it stands right now.

I've bid £40 mil for a player valued at roughly £10k. It's been accepted, and I'm now discussion a contract with him.

This is what he wants:

A 3 year contract on £58,000 a week (a cool 5.8 times his value a week) with an £80k signing on fee. He also wants £5.7k per appearance and £1.4k per goal. Not too shaby for a 28 year old currently being payed £900 a week.

I decided that this was completely unacceptable! A player of this calibre deserves at least the very best a club my size can give him:

£145k weekly wage

£7.25 mil signing on fee

£29k per appearance

£29k per goal

25% yearly wage rise

A 5 year contract

That seems far more fair.

This deal will be worth a projected £56 mil weekly wages, and assuming roughly 45 appearances a season and a return of 10 goals £13 mil bonuses and of course his £7.25 signing on fee something in the region of: £76.25 mil over 5 years. Not to mention the £40 mil fee bringing his overall value to the club to £116.25 mil.

Casual...

and the result of your experiment was?????

Not sure yet...

I always find myself being asked by the media if I'm to sign [random terrible keeper], so I actual scout them. Next thing I know they're refusing to sign for anyone seemingly because of me, I'm going to see if I can unsettle this guy and ruin his career. I still can't believe he asked for so much!

Lol, have you played him yet? make him a first team regular and see how well he does, could be fun! how old is he?

I won't end up signing him, that would just be stupid...

I'm tempted to go back in for him when he's unsettled though. Sign him up and give him a run in the Premiership just for asking for so much!

The £58,000 contract he wanted doesn't really surprise me, the game seems to be full of prima donnas intent on reaching the maximum contract the game allows as soon as possible!

It's strange though, I have a squad full of players who are massively underpaid. If they went to any other club they'd ask for huge sums. Then again most have been at the club since they were less than 20 years old.

just out of coureosity who is the player lol and who are you managing?

It's 2025, and my Derby side rule the World...

I'm currently waiting for ol' Frank to either retire of get sacked so I can take charge of a very promising Australia side.

The player is just some random regen. He's actually fairly good for the Blue Square Premier really...

This will really test their will... I'm going to delay it until they cancel the transfer. That'll **** him off good and proper.

The £58,000 contract he wanted doesn't really surprise me, football seems to be full of prima donnas intent on reaching the maximum contract as soon as possible!

Swisso I've slightly edited your message, I think it still stands to reason.

Oh wow...

I just realised how cruel what I did was.

I picked a player at random from the list of top goalscorers in the Blue Square Premiership. He was in the mid 30s (as in 30th on the list) at the time.

But yeah... He's not only a slightly better player than I originally thought (my scouts think he'd cut it in League One), but he's their Captain and they're at the bottom of the BSP with only a point from their first 8 matches. He's also their own player averaging above 6.30 rating...

Oh well, bye bye Hampton and Richmond Borough. Maybe I'll be signing him properly out of pitty for a survival push for them.

Bid 40 million for a player in the blue squre south/north, and complete the transfer deal.

Then seee how the money affects the team and see how long it takes them to come out of obscurity.

I think IRL it would take about 5 seconds for them to come out of obsucrity if a lower league team had £40 million bid go in for one of their players

I've bid £40 mil for a player valued at roughly £10k. It's been accepted, and I'm now discussion a contract with him.

This is what he wants:

A 3 year contract on £58,000 a week (a cool 5.8 times his value a week) with an £80k signing on fee. He also wants £5.7k per appearance and £1.4k per goal. Not too shaby for a 28 year old currently being payed £900 a week.

Excellent! :D

For instant primadonna, just add ludicrous over the top transfer fee, over-inflated wages and much media hype.

(For reference points, please refer to Chelsea, Manchester City and Real Madrid ;) )

I think IRL it would take about 5 seconds for them to come out of obsucrity if a lower league team had £40 million bid go in for one of their players

you make a good point but I was referring to them coming out of "obscurity"- as in actually getting promoted up divisions until reaching the top:)

Back to playing now and bingo, they've decided to cancel the deal after a second request for a delay.

That always happens if you ask for a 2nd delay.

If you do want to be really silly, I think stevie's suggestion is an excellent one - give a few million to a really rubbish lowest league team and see what happens.

Do bear in mind that with their low reputation, very good players still wouldn't go there (nb Man Citeh ;)). They ought still to improve their squad to make progress up the leagues, but it depends on how the AI would handle this unanticipated windfall.

That always happens if you ask for a 2nd delay.

If you do want to be really silly, I think stevie's suggestion is an excellent one - give a few million to a really rubbish lowest league team and see what happens.

Do bear in mind that with their low reputation, very good players still wouldn't go there (nb Man Citeh ;)). They ought still to improve their squad to make progress up the leagues, but it depends on how the AI would handle this unanticipated windfall.

If you offer the club something more realistic, like 10k, would the player still demand such high wages?

Probably not. I'm sure he'd probably accept wage of £1k too... It's just something they ask for with big fees I guess.

As my side has some issues with central midfield and right wing with the mutiny of two of my clubs most "loyal" servents, being at the club since their early 20s (they're both now 30) I might conduct a scouting mission in the Lower leagues of England, the best player I find will be signed for £5 million. Lower leagues means League Two, Blue Square Premier and below. If I fail to find anyone of adequate ability, I won't sign anyone.

This is the plan:

To start, I will be bringing in 7 new scouts, these 7 I have hand picked. These 7 will be sent on scouting missions through England as a whole, League Two, Blue Square Premier League, Paint Trophy, FA Cup and the U18 League. The last scout will just sit about twiddle his thumbs, maybe have a coffee. I will also personally look at each and every team. Not only will this new scouting network relaunch my Club's complete knowladge of England, but following the completion of this project I will use them to relaunch my Global scouting network as I look to rebuild my side, who are beginning to show signs of fatigue (not physical fatigue, more an issue of players who no longer see feel there's a challenge playing for my side). I hope to find a good young striker, right winger, keeper or centerhalf during this, but I'm open to a central midfielder or fullback if a good option pops up. I've yet to actually try this, but let's see how this goes, this could be a heap of fun!

There is a catch, all players considered must be younger than 24 years of age.

Archived