Turning a Bug into Something Positive

I'm currently three quarters of the way through my first Premiership season on FM09 after going through the lower leagues and I've just gone through a league fixture which was on the same day as a full round of international games, there was a full premiership league schedule as well.

My first though was BUG!! Even though it obviously is, I started to think it's actually a good idea.

I'm currently fighting relegation in the league, and being a lesser team, although I do have a number of internationals, not as many as the teams at the top. So for two reasons I think this would actually be good for the game in real life as well as FM.

First of all, for one week in a season, the lesser clubs would be more or less on a an equal footing with the top teams in the league as the lesser clubs would still be able to field a resonably strong team, so a chance of a few suprise results to make the league more interesting, and second of all, it forces the top teams to give their reserve and youth players a chance in a big game, which could be good to promote home grown players.

Thoughts??

I'm currently three quarters of the way through my first Premiership season on FM09 after going through the lower leagues and I've just gone through a league fixture which was on the same day as a full round of international games, there was a full premiership league schedule as well.

My first though was BUG!! Even though it obviously is, I started to think it's actually a good idea.

I'm currently fighting relegation in the league, and being a lesser team, although I do have a number of internationals, not as many as the teams at the top. So for two reasons I think this would actually be good for the game in real life as well as FM.

First of all, for one week in a season, the lesser clubs would be more or less on a an equal footing with the top teams in the league as the lesser clubs would still be able to field a resonably strong team, so a chance of a few suprise results to make the league more interesting, and second of all, it forces the top teams to give their reserve and youth players a chance in a big game, which could be good to promote home grown players.

Thoughts??

Thats pretty much punishing a team for being sucessful

Terrible, terrible idea.

Thoughts??

Imagine if a top club missed on on promotion or a place in Europe because of this?

No this is not needed or desirable,

shocking idea! what if one team in relegation got Man Utd or Chelsea on the weekend and another team in Relegation had to another team with not many internationals (having already had to play a full strength Utd, Chelsea etc)

Archived