Revision or FM09?

Currently doing my As levels and have my last exam tomorrow... I really should be revising but find myself on Football Manager and this forum...

Anyone have any advice? have I made the correct decision to take FM over education? Ha!

Shut down the computer, put it in another room, get yourself some coffee and get your head in a book. :mad:

Seriously, FM is good but it isn't that good. Your education is the most important thing you will ever do with your life.

C.

That's true. FM is down...

To be fair I've done loads already and have avoided FM throughout all my exams until today... Just gotta last one... more... day!

Coffee and book... I like :)

I was contemplating whether I should take over Birmingham City since I was offered the job or continue with my Eastern European team the night before my Cytology exam.

Be a man. Do the right thing. (Russel Peters, anyone?)

In all seriousness, I think you know what to do.

I was in the same position few weeks ago, played too much FM because I knew I had study to do.

Seriously just turn the comp off, and study in a separate room to the computer.

I always tend to waste time when I should be studying, even to the point of cleaning out my room.

Currently doing my As levels and have my last exam tomorrow... I really should be revising but find myself on Football Manager and this forum...

Anyone have any advice? have I made the correct decision to take FM over education? Ha!

If your doing any language change your settings on FM so the game language changes to the one your revising. Also rotate your time so you could revise for half an hour then play FM for half an hour and so on...

Get good grades. Become successful. Retire at 28. Play FM until you die (fatal eyeball explosion accident).

But seriously. I uninstalled FM for the two months before my exams (a few years back now). The game has gotten so addictive in recent versions that it's shot my desire to play other games in both kneecaps and left it screaming on the floor alone in the middle of the sahara desert.

That kinda fun needs to be tempered with some perspective and common sense.

If it's geography, then definitely FM. Maybe maths too, and I suppose FM could help you with media studies and maybe even physics.

What about Physical Education? :p

I mean heck, you wouldn't want to have to play football when you could just play football.

dude, im in the same boat, AS history will be there to be resat in january!

FM man, you know its the only option

i mean, when else are you going to lose every other game because of incompetant linesman?!?!

I guess that's what's happening to you...? And yes it was As history and I missed the 5th source which was on the next page AND I revised all day yesterday, no FM! January resit it is!

If your doing any language change your settings on FM so the game language changes to the one your revising. Also rotate your time so you could revise for half an hour then play FM for half an hour and so on...

TigerJoe that is one genius idea!

Overall ladies and gents your replies are rather interesting and genius... good to see other 'hard core revisors' or here! I decided NOT to play FM and put 100% into revision. My exams are now over and it will now be 100% FM... Until this time next year... :/

Thanks for all the advice!

HAHA I love everyone telling you to turn off. My advice......KEEP PLAYING.

I'm in my final year of my degree. Got 3 three hours exams coming up in 3 days and what am i doing....scouring Europe to find a cheap CB for Portsmouth.

FM>LIFE

Revision doesn't mean what it used to...

For me 'Revision' was a ritual that involved a week of my life in preperation for every exam. I'd write down everything i'd ever learned about the subject from memory and then fill in the gaps.

I got good grades. :)

I really don't understand why people don't bother revising or generally trying very hard when doing degrees. I am currently doing exams for my degree and I working as hard as possible, revising as much as possible to get the best results I can. After all I am paying a lot of money to be here and will come out owing nearly £20,000 so I have to try my best and work hard to get the degree I need for the career I want.

When I was revising for my degree I simply did both. My computer at the time was sooo slow that I'd press "Continue" I could do ten minutes of revision while it was working away, then do what I needed to do on FM and press Continue again. For some reason the stop-start-stop-start revision I ended up doing seemed to make everything stick in my head! Of course if I tried that with my current computer I wouldn't get any revision done! Damn modern technology ;)

The serious point being that while maybe what I did was a bit extreme, cramming your head in a book for three hours straight doesn't do you any good either. You need to break it up, even if it's say, half hour on, half hour off.

When I was revising for my degree I simply did both. My computer at the time was sooo slow that I'd press "Continue" I could do ten minutes of revision while it was working away, then do what I needed to do on FM and press Continue again. For some reason the stop-start-stop-start revision I ended up doing seemed to make everything stick in my head! Of course if I tried that with my current computer I wouldn't get any revision done! Damn modern technology ;)

The serious point being that while maybe what I did was a bit extreme, cramming your head in a book for three hours straight doesn't do you any good either. You need to break it up, even if it's say, half hour on, half hour off.

I use this tactic all the time to read while I play FM :D

The perfect plan... :D

Archived