AI tactics

I doubt it otherwise people would've tried to figure out tactics theorems using that software.

well, I've heard of people who've said that the AI uses global tactics mostly, so they must have som tool the see through it, somehow.. I just wonder how

The following are observations by Abramovic - just google FM Britain AI Tactical Analysis

Formations and Style of play: The AI uses event based predefined tactics, in that depending on how the game is going the AI will adjust its tactic e.g. if need of a goal it will go attack or if happy with the score line it will attempt to kill the game off.

Instructions:Global instructions are used bar one of the instructions but more on this later.

Mentality: Is more of state of mind that an instruction as the AI plays on a global default mentality in that it always stays normal(default) bar one of the strikers, and the only time that one of the strikers has an individual mentality instruction is when the AI is attacking. If you look in the editor Mourinho has a mentality stat of sorts which holds a value of 13 and what I�m saying is this indicates how often he�s willing to attack you even if the game is even. While Ferguson has something like 18 I think meaning he�s more likely to attack you than Mourinho during the game.

Closing Down: Everyone except the defence is on a global setting based on the managers preference, while the defence is given individual instructions all the time and they are for CD�s were assigned rarely(6) and the fullbacks were set to normal(8). This is the only instruction that differs from those set in the team instructions.

Long Shots:This instruction was set to often for the strikers and midfielders all the time

Try Through Ball: All outfield players where set to try through balls often

Free roles: Used to unlock defences of weaker teams, this included at premiership level wingers constantly given free roles, while strikers were given these instructions when facing weaker opposition. At league two level free roles were only given to wingers when facing a weak team and the AI was attacking.

Conclusion

Although people have been successful with micro managing their sides (tweaking individual and team instructions) and using home and away tactics it is not the only way to successes at this game. What people need to understand is this is a very hard way of achieving success as the margin between failure and success is so small but the results can be spectacular. My approach on the other hand is to keep it as simple as possible and react to what is happening during the game. This is echoed by wwfan in this latest tactic set which has moved to an event based tactical design.

Tutorial on how to replicate these tests

Viewing tactics in friendly games:

Make sure the assistant is in charge of friendlies. Then click on the fixtures list once there select a game you wish to watch, right click with your mouse on it so that it says "view" Then once the game starts click on the name of the club where the score is indicated it at the top of the screen. And you should be able to see the info.

Viewing tactics in competitive games:

2 managers required

Manager A is the manager of the team whose assman you want to monitor.

* 1: During a season add a new manager (manager B)

* 2: With manager B active, go to the fixture and results of the league where Manger A is active. (via the 'World option) find the next match and click on the 'v' for versus. it will change to 'view'.

* 3: Switch back to Manager A and go on holiday

* 4: Click continue as Manager B.

* 5: At some point the selected match will come up

* 6: Click on the team banner which is managed by Manager A. This will bring up the tactics screen. Since you're Manager B you won't be able to see anything.

* 7: Go to Manager>Change User> Manager A

* 8: World> [active nation of manager A team]>[active league of manager A]

* 9: Click on the 'View' button to the current match of Manager's A team.

* 10: Repeat step 6

* 11: Since you're now Manager A, you can now investigate the tactics of your assman.

Archived