How do you get high transfer budgets?

Ive had £40mil before with Napoli and Manchester United in the second season. I want to take over a small top league club in england or italy and manage to get these high budgets. How is this possible? Is it to do with if a club is rich or not or just luck?

Ive had £40mil before with Napoli and Manchester United in the second season. I want to take over a small top league club in england or italy and manage to get these high budgets. How is this possible? Is it to do with if a club is rich or not or just luck?

Unless you're going for club you know has money in real life and isn't a league winner (like Tottenham) then the only way you'll see high budgets at another club is if they've recently sold someone, been taken over, or their finances are in good health because of high revenues like Season Tickets, Merchandise, Gate Receipts or TV Money.

Clubs with low attendance like Wigan, Bolton in the Prem or Sampdoria, Genoa, Udinese in Italy are unlikely to have good finances since their attendances are so low. They'll plod along with the same balance for years unless they break lucky and sell some stars.

Just to add, if you DO get a big transfer budget somewhere, and its MORE than the balance, don't spend it all. Some others do and then ponder why the board let them spend more than they had and went into debt. Doesn't really fare well :D

If a club is rich, they are more likely to give you a larger transfer budget. They won't give you a £40m budget if their balance is only £1m.

maybe they should give you money they don't have as a gamble for sucess (your choice if you ask for it), and then if your not successful its all your fault if the club goes into administration, need to sell all the players, all the players morale is low, and then it will be hard to get another job because everyone will think your a **** manager so you would have to stay and turn it around, provided your not sacked

maybe they should give you money they don't have as a gamble for sucess (your choice if you ask for it), and then if your not successful its all your fault if the club goes into administration, need to sell all the players, all the players morale is low, and then it will be hard to get another job because everyone will think your a **** manager so you would have to stay and turn it around, provided your not sacked

That would depend on the Chairman, and how much risk he is likely to take. I imagine he would give a bit more to a manager with a high reputation than a low one, but I can't confirm this for sure.

Archived