The Oldies experiment

I am creating a team full of players all of which are on their last legs/ are "washed up and need to move to a new club and adding the club to the english premier league.

i already created the city, stadium, chairman, and most of the club but am still looking for players so far i have

jens lehmann

rustu

paolo maldini

heinze

garry neville

cannavaro

patrick viera

appiah

adriano

beckham

rvn

michael owen

giggs

crespo

added:

gilberto

roberto carlos

Robert Pires

Pavel Nedved

Nick Barmby

Jean-Pierre Papin

andy booth

edgar davids

dean windass

figo

materazzi

ian walker

trevor sinclair

zanetti

robbie savage

i have the strikers and goalies but i need wingers along with any advice for my experiment. i am wondering what i should do for my reserve team. (taken care of thanks for the help)

as for rules im thinking no signing players under the age of 30.

anyway wondering what ya'll thought please leave feeback

BTW what should i do for the tactical attributes section in the club creator

What league will this team be put in?

And what will there stadium/finances etc be like?

:)

the epl

the stadium holds 39k and as for finances im not entirely sure yet. i wont have any transfer the first window and ill edit the wage budget to make so its just big enough.

Who's rvd mate? I'm assuming you mean van Nistelrooy, in which case it should be rvn :thup:

Good idea for an experiment though :thup:

fixed :)

roberto carlos

And maybe Jean-Pierre Papin for the reserves

added

How about Materazzi, Figo (hes still in the game, isn't he?) and Edgar Davids?

I reckon you should include Dean Windass as well :)

all four have just been added!

Still says rvd Am I going blind?

whoops my bad i forgot to change it, but it should be fixed now

did you just add the team to the premier league? if so, then you will need to remove a team, as the game doesnt recognise a 20 team league with 21 teams in. as for the tactical attributes, i usually leave them blank, so they are random :)

hope that helps a bit

did you just add the team to the premier league? if so, then you will need to remove a team, as the game doesnt recognise a 20 team league with 21 teams in. as for the tactical attributes, i usually leave them blank, so they are random :)

hope that helps a bit

thanks now now who to remove (looks at arsenal AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA) ;)

i suggest you put the team in the epl, and move the lowest reputation team down to the championship, and repeat this all the way to BSN/BSS, with a team eventually being removed from any league altogether.

This is a better way than just removing a team i think :).

i suggest you put the team in the epl, and move the lowest reputation team down to the championship, and repeat this all the way to BSN/BSS, with a team eventually being removed from any league altogether.

This is a better way than just removing a team i think :).

fine if u want to get all techical and what not. ill move hull down

btw ill make an official threat with a proper intro once i get the game started and the time (prepare for job interview v play football manager)

This is a better way than just removing a team i think .

and now thanks to ur brilliant idea bognor regis no longer exists. i hope your happy with yourself *tiss tiss*

;)

u should move newcastle
lol you know what i think i shall!

now to find the teams with the lowest reps in the other divisions lol

how dare you icon8.gif

i would have voted for remove the team with the lowest rep, and that certainly isnt Newcastle

i used an editor to clear out the automatically assigned staff and started looking for assistant managers, coaches, youth coaches, scouts, and psycho's. ill post updates soon and if there arent any mistakes ill make an official threat and try to upload the database.

btw ill make an official threat with a proper intro once i get the game started and the time (prepare for job interview v play football manager)

and now thanks to ur brilliant idea bognor regis no longer exists. i hope your happy with yourself *tiss tiss*

;)

Of course it was a brilliant idea :) haha

What's more realistic, deciding Arsenal, like you originally intended, don't exist, or Bognor Regis?

well one preason and two games later ive learned the following. a)make sure your kits dont all look the same b) the team isnt exactly balanced, it has 7 strikers and only 3 natural cd's. also some of the players simply arent good enough to be in a prem team no matter what. (but then again i knew that before so its my b)

i lost my first game 2-0 at home to arsenal and then beat wigan 1-4.

ps. adriano sucks

Of course it was a brilliant idea :) haha

What's more realistic, deciding Arsenal, like you originally intended, don't exist, or Bognor Regis?

yes but arsenal are pure evil STOOPID DUH!!! ;)

edit: i had 5 players injured in my game against blackburn wtf!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived