4 months and counting (FmX)

Until Fm10 or probably a new "fancy" name like FM-X is out. When can we expect to get any hard hands on info about the new features, most releases have tons of info out 4 months before release. Videos, screenies, trailers, gameplay footage ++

(The following is just the crap anoying me with FM09. To be fair, FM is by miles the best footy manager game on the market, but let me play devils advocate here)

*Will the super realistic sliders still be in? We all know Wenger IRL tells Adebayor to do Creative freedom 14, mentallity 17 and so on (no wonder he looks confused on the pitch)

*Can we save OI setups, like one for 4-4-2, one for 4-3-3 and so on. Or atleast tell the Ass man to set up what he think is best and then we can adjust.

*Are players sober during 3D highlights now?

*Will default tactics be usable?

*Will we finally get a REAL tactics and training revamp or just more stupid mandatory time consumng interactions?

*Can we tell the journalists to go F... themselves when we are tired of the lame Pressconferences or atleast get Ass managers that know what they are doing if below Premier?

* Will the ball stop changing direction midflight without anyone near it? (you now when the ball goes for the top corner, the suddenly change direction into the keepers hand even though he stands in the middle of the goal)

* Will injuries be balanced between training and matches? ( number of injuries are right now, but it is always the first team players since 90% of injuries happen in match, IRL much more happen in training and fewer in match compared to FM)

* Will the world come to an end in 2012? and more importantly why can't humans shake themself dry like dogs can?

In short, when will we get some info?

Feel free to fill in all the questions I forgot.

And no this is not a troll even though I added some poor atempts of humor!

We will get the info Etc etc when SI deem ready. Now they are going to take even longer if people come out with 3 thousand Fm10 LOLOLOL!!!! etc posts a day.

Not saying your post is like that as yours is constructed well, but im sure you get my point.

How many videos can they release? It's not like CoD where they can show plots or action, because there is none in FM.

Any videos of old screens/ME will tell us nothing we don't know- new features will come in time.

How many videos can they release? It's not like CoD where they can show plots or action, because there is none in FM.

Any videos of old screens/ME will tell us nothing we don't know- new features will come in time.

They can show a 2 minute video of a match in extended or key higlights, or even 2 minutes of full match. They can show screensgots of the layout, how tactics design is, training and so on. If you think about it for 5 minutes I'm sure you can come up with lots of screenshots/videos you would like to see.

Wont be buying it and this will be the first time ever since 1992 and was not impressed with Fm09 could go on with the list of why not i liked it but dont go over old grounds.

They need to do something special to bring people back to the game but personally i have lost confidence in SI on the retail version all they seem to be is updates version each year and not a stand alone product imo.

They can show a 2 minute video of a match in extended or key higlights, or even 2 minutes of full match. They can show screensgots of the layout, how tactics design is, training and so on. If you think about it for 5 minutes I'm sure you can come up with lots of screenshots/videos you would like to see.

The match is very likely to be so similar that we won't be able to tell the difference.

As I said, the screenshots would probably be just the same as we have.

Maybe they'll implement the tactic creator (i.e. wwfan generates a tactic to exploit the ME for you) and of course there could be screenies of new features, but 4 months in advance? We'll have drunk everything months before the demo is out!

I think mid August is about right, early June is certainly too early! Remember, the last game came out in November, and whilst it's unlikely we'll see it come out at that time (3D won't need implementing this time), do you really want screenshots of a literally half-finished product?

*Will the super realistic sliders still be in? We all know Wenger IRL tells Adebayor to do Creative freedom 14, mentallity 17 and so on (no wonder he looks confused on the pitch)

what the fuuuuck are u talking about???:confused:

SI didn't start announcing stuff until Septemberish last year.

Don't expect any game-changing this year. I predict effort will be put into making the horrible 3d engine look a bit less crappy at the cost of (once again) neglecting several bugs that have been floating around for a couple of versions now.

3rd time might be a charm for the board confidence feature though :thup:

Oh and the regens will be broken in an entirely new and different way :D

Descriptions would work better than sliders just because it gives the user more understanding of what they actually do.

A combination of both or a tooltip would be much better.

Which is easier to understand;

Set players passing to 'short but look for through balls' and 'Join in attacks often'

Or

'move the passing slider 5 clicks towards long' and 'move mentality slider 5 clicks towards attacking'

?

Seriously, what is the problem with sliders? What alternative system beyond replacing the notches with descriptions and therefore not actually changing anything is there?

The pot luck sliders? Yeah they should be replaced with a system that shows the manager exactly what he's just ordered his team to do. The slider system is far too vague and descripters should be used instead. If a little though is given to it, i'm sure a good system could be put in place.

Seriously, what is the problem with sliders? What alternative system beyond replacing the notches with descriptions and therefore not actually changing anything is there?

My problem with sliders is the 20 points option. There should be 5 or max 7. There is no use for a slider bar with 20 settings.

For passing you should have something like:

Short, mixed, direct, long ball

and a "sub setting" with

pass to feet, pass high, pass for runs/pass infront of player, posession/safe passes

Same kind of thing for the rest of the options that have 1-20 sliders today. Let us give players instructions, not math assignments. Let us feel like we are Wenger, Fergusson, Mourinho. Not some Cambrigde university math professor.

There is NO reason what so ever to make a 20 point slider for passing, it just doesn't make any sense.

Isn't there a new "tactics wizard" under development to help with setting tactics? I guess this should help here.

*Can we save OI setups, like one for 4-4-2, one for 4-3-3 and so on. Or atleast tell the Ass man to set up what he think is best and then we can adjust.

Set up of OI can be a pain but this modified screen can help: Opposition Instructions (An Easier Way)

As for the AssMan's recommendations. I've noticed that he only gives 2 palyers per recommendation type, if you set those you may then get other players with the same recommendation. Don't know if this is just a result of space for showing the recommendations, or just a quirk of my AssMan. Like the sound of auto-setting though.

*Are players sober during 3D highlights now?

Game players? Don't see what control SI can have over what you drink. :p

*Will default tactics be usable?

I think they're usable as a base now. Surely any good manager would want to tweak any tactics depending on who's actually playing the game.

*Will we finally get a REAL tactics and training revamp or just more stupid mandatory time consumng interactions?

See the "tactic wizard" comment above. If it's done well it could be a major improvement, especially for any new to the game.

*Can we tell the journalists to go F... themselves when we are tired of the lame Pressconferences or atleast get Ass managers that know what they are doing if below Premier?

Think the press conferences are a good idea, but the current implementation, for me at least, is just annoying rather than enhancing the game.

* Will the ball stop changing direction midflight without anyone near it? (you now when the ball goes for the top corner, the suddenly change direction into the keepers hand even though he stands in the middle of the goal)

I always thought my goalie had magnets in his gloves and someone had put a chunk of iron in the ball! There may be a few other "disconnects" between the match engine and the 3D display, hopefully these will be ironed out, but they're not game breakers for me. YMMV. ;)

* Will injuries be balanced between training and matches? ( number of injuries are right now, but it is always the first team players since 90% of injuries happen in match, IRL much more happen in training and fewer in match compared to FM)

In my games, I get more injuries in training than matches (apart from the odd game where the opponents are obviously intent on kicking me out of the ground). Could it be related to training/condition/match tactics?

i say what we will get is fm09 with 2009/2010 database, plus a little cosmetic.

No, the one feature already disclosed is the ME TT&F wizard, which will revolutionize the game, at least for the more casual gamer. SI always have a couple of major new features in every release; no reason FM10 will be any different.

BUT, we won't know until they tell us, and they'll tell us when they're good and ready. So as I said, this is pointless.

• 2 years later...

Archived