Jack Rodwell = Brazilian?

yeah, i know of him, lives near me and is mates with people i know. real story is years ago he was asked to fill in a profile thing and messing about put ronaldinho's birth place and some stupid everton researcher must have thought it was genuine

yeah, i know of him, lives near me and is mates with people i know. real story is years ago he was asked to fill in a profile thing and messing about put ronaldinho's birth place and some stupid everton researcher must have thought it was genuine

Wouldn't be surprised. Someone I know changed Joseph Yobo's middle names on Wikipedia to something daft, and it appeared as fact in a newspaper in the preview of the FA Cup final.

Moral is - researchers suck.

• SI Staff

It's down to Rodwell himself, one of the posters above touched upon it. When he was relatively unknown he apparently told people he was of Brazilian descent and a few websites reported it (some had him down as being born in Sao Paulo and others had it down as Port Alegre) and it was mentioned during the Victory Shield coverage. When the official Everton site put his profile up, it says he was born in Birkdale and the websites since updated the status.

Archived