TV rights money

Hey guys,

Just wondering does the TV revenue ever increase for a league as the game goes on?

If not I think it would be a great addition in future versions ie. The league signs a 3 or 4 year TV deal for say £200million, then at the end of the contract the league negotiates a new TV deal and depending on what coefficient the league has and it's place in Europe, the money either goes up or down. Obviously we (the managers) would have no input into this, but it would be a great boost for those who want to manage in really remote countries and turn them into great teams and leagues.

Reason I'm saying this is because managing in Scotland it does get quite frustrating that you can have the leagues coefficent quite high but yet only have a really low income from TV revenue.

So would it be possible to incorporate this feature into future versions of FM and do any of you think it would be a good idea?

Cheers

It could link in with the League Reputation variations meantioned earlier on the forums (I can't find the link now) about how the reputation of different leagues needs to change as you become more successful to allow teams to attract better players.

For example, If you won the champions league with a Norway team season after season, atm you'd still only be able to attract the same level of players, because the reputation of the club wouldn't be able to increase past the reputation of the league.

Sorry If that doesn't make much sense.

It could link in with the League Reputation variations meantioned earlier on the forums (I can't find the link now) about how the reputation of different leagues needs to change as you become more successful to allow teams to attract better players.

For example, If you won the champions league with a Norway team season after season, atm you'd still only be able to attract the same level of players, because the reputation of the club wouldn't be able to increase past the reputation of the league.

Sorry If that doesn't make much sense.

Yes I understand what you mean mate.

It is true, the growth of league reputations and the effect this has on TV rights deals is something which should be looked at.

Well at least it might stop teams like Real Madrid receiving silly money (ie £100mill) every season and building up a balance of £600mill by 2017!

I quite like the idea and it fits in with a lot of other issues with reputation in FM.

If your club had separate bargaining rights, like Real or Barca, then winning the champion's league every year should increase your TV money a load.

But for collective rights like the EPL, the effect of one team's success should be smaller.

I don't know what the rules are for Norway, Scotland etc. but if there's only one good team in the entire country they shouldn't get loads more money if it's a collective deal - everyone else still sucks like before.

Non-static reputations are the way it's got to go though, I agree. I think it'll be hard to get the balance right though: without several prospering teams, no league rep is going to swell massively.

Archived