2D Classic - New or Old?

What 2D do you prefer?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What 2D do you prefer?

• 2D on Football Manager 2008
    • 2D on Football Manager 2009

I am extremely dissappointed with how the 2D classic looks in FM09 and one of the reasons why I uninstalled the game. They have made the pitch considerably smaller and added advertisement hoardings and the time-bar.

I don't know about you guys, but I much prefer the 2D look on Football Manager 2008 than on Football Manager 2009, where the pitch was much larger and the whole view was more attractive.

Here is my question to you, which view do you prefer when watching 2D Classic?

'08 looks a bit nicer, but the game's not really about how it looks, and the '09 match engine makes watching the 2D on '09 a better experience, IMO.

I think that the thing that our eyes are fixed on most should be nice looking. Due to the smallness of the pitch, I struggle to comprehend what is happening and I struggle with understanding than if it was bigger.

2D on 08 was the b*llocks!

FWIW, I really like your mod Peter and don't find it lagging at all. :thup:

Does that mean you like or dislike 2D on 08.

Cheers, I still stand-by the fact that it should have already been done rather than me doing it for me.

• Administrators

SCIAG - I don't know, but I don't mind the adboards.

I use 3D view myself, but 2D in TV Mode is fair immense and you can get a much better tactical overview.

No. I am after a quick way to access match statistics and other pieces of relevant information. Having widgets in TV View block up sectors of the pitch.

change skin there are transparent widgets in some skins

I hate the widgets as well. :mad:

Minimise, maximise, move about, try to find a position that doesn't interfere with the view, open the menu, tick this, untick that and so on and so forth. I'm trying to watch a match for goodness sake! :mad:

I think the widgets don't like me. Sometimes they moved around of their own accord. Sometimes I ended up with the opposition ratings instead of my own, or my own formation instead of the opposition's. It's FM09's cruel revenge on me for being so rude about it behind its back. :D

But those stupid widgets ruin my FM experience, blocking up the pitch and generally annoying me. They drive me crazy.

I particularly hate the ones that I used to keep at the bottom of the screen. When you minimised them to get them out of the way, they would sit happily at the bottom of the screen. However, maximise them and then minimise them again and they will move and float in the middle of the screen instead of returning to the desired position. Those stupid damn widgets. I have bad dreams about them, waking up in a cold sweat screaming 'get out of the way you stupid widget!'

And that's without going into the fact that TV view makes my game stutter anyway! Stupid TV view with your stuttering highlights and rubbish widgets. I hate you.

What was wrong with 08 view? Game would automatically switch between the split view where I had match stats and player ratings (or whatever I wanted to see) and the highlights. I could easily access all the information I wanted without mucking around. I could toggle full screen mode if I wanted as well. Full screen mode was orgasmic.

Ah, it's an easy vote for me. 08 view was about a million times better, maybe even more than that. ;)

The 2D seemed to flow better on 08 view as well and the players looked more natural with the ball.

It is around 4 weeks since I last loaded up FM09 and I can't honestly see myself firing it up again. The current state of 2D classic view is one of the main reasons for that.

C.

Well it's better than just keeping quiet on areas of the game you feel need to be improved on surely?

all that can be said about improving 2D has been done , but posting everytime to complain about it is whining too much

This thread is nothing to do with 3D and never intended to be. It's for people who don't enjoy 3D (for reasons best stated elsewhere) and want a good-looking and easy alternative. All we want is to reverse a year in terms of 2D Classic and make it look like it did in prior Football Managers. That is all we want.

you guys whine too much

You post too much.

same thing was said about 2D now everybody loves it:rolleyes:

No and no.

I thought 2D was great when it was introduced. It worked well, didn't slow down my machine and added something major to the game. 3D currently does nothing of the sort.

As for your assertion that everybody loves 2D, you will be surprised to learn that a lot of people prefer commentary only.

in time 3D will be mainstream and 2D will be a thing of the past

What are you basing this on? Why should that be the case?

C.

all that can be said about improving 2D has been done , but posting everytime to complain about it is whining too much

I honestly get so tired of posts like this. I mean, why bother? Haven't you got anything better to do with your time? :rolleyes:

All that can be said about improving 2D has not been 'done' as you delightfully put it. That's absolutely nonsense. How are you qualified to make such a statement?

I, and others, will post 'everytime' to complain about whatever it is we want. We contribute to the community and provide feedback to the makers of the game. They probably think we're all nuts and they probably ignore us. :D But at least we contribute and give them valuable feedback and ideas.

A lot of the people here, like Peter-evo and myself, also contribute by providing free beta testing for SI. I also research my local football club and put in a lot of my personal time as well. This is all for free. Are you telling me that I don't have the right to have a little moan now and then if I dislike something about the game? I'd like to point out that I am also somebody who comes on here and praises SI profusely when they get things right.

And what precisely do you contribute apart from such tiresome posts?

C.

I didn't said you didn't had the right to moan , however you already have that gigantic Camrad thread about it made by you with suggestions to fix the 2D

I am perfectly aware that some people prefer text only , i remember also that there were huge complains wen 2D appeared on CM , you may have liked it just like i do with 3D , but the whining was massive .

FM2009 wont be patched anymore you have to wait for FM2010 to see if its better so ofc that nothing was changed

you need to wait for a new version

be patient

Archived