Players who will be upgraded/downgraded for FM2010 *player naming*

What players do you guys think will be upgraded/downgraded quite substantially attribute-wise in FM2010?

I'll name a few to get the ball rolling:-

Upgraded

Glen Johnson

Clint Dempsey

Sone Aluko

Mehdi Taouil

Wilson Palacios

Downgraded

Emmanuel Adebayor

Salomon Kalou

Roman Pavlyuchenko

Nani

Albert Riera

I know everyone isn't going to agree with my choices but it's personal opinion. Let me hear some of your suggestions. :)

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stewert downing will be heavily downgraded i think ..

not a single goal all season .

on the other hand darren fletcher will be improved so he can be a regular for united :)

Without a shadow of a doubt should Darren Fletcher be upgraded. He was oustanding for Utd this season. Has changed alot of Man Utd fans opinions of him I should think. :thup:

stewert downing will be heavily downgraded i think ..

not a single goal all season .

on the other hand darren fletcher will be improved so he can be a regular for united :)

Just 'cause he's a regular doesn't mean he's any good ;)

Upgraded:

Andrey Arshavin

Sergei Bisquets

Xabi Alonso

Downgraded:

Micah Richards

David Bentley

Stuart Downing

Steven Taylor

Michael Ballack

Without a shadow of a doubt should Darren Fletcher be upgraded. He was oustanding for Utd this season. Has changed alot of Man Utd fans opinions of him I should think. :thup:

I still really can't see what people see in him. He's a nice guy, and a professional, and he works hard; but other than that he strikes me as someone out of his depth.

His passing is sloppy, his tackling is clumsy and he's always lured out of position. He neither excels going forward or staying back, and Manchester United have far better players at doing both, so I can't quite see what he's there for.

They're in dire need of a World-Class central midfielder IMO. Anderson, Carrick and Fletcher just aren't the complete player they'd benefit hugely from.

I still really can't see what people see in him. He's a nice guy, and a professional, and he works hard; but other than that he strikes me as someone out of his depth.

His passing is sloppy, his tackling is clumsy and he's always lured out of position. He neither excels going forward or staying back, and Manchester United have far better players at doing both, so I can't quite see what he's there for.

They're in dire need of a World-Class central midfielder IMO. Anderson, Carrick and Fletcher just aren't the complete player they'd benefit hugely from.

Fletcher's passing have hugely improved over the last 2 seasons - probably from playing alongside Scholes for so long. I can't see why you don't like him? He has bags of energy and does all of Man Utd's dirty work, just like Keane used to.

Michael Carrick is possibly one of the most underrated midfielders in the coutry. His passing range is phenomenal and he chips in with some really important goals. You're right about Anderson - he was pretty poor this season but he still has time on his side being so young. I think if Hargreaves gets fit for next season Man Utd will benefit so much with his work rate and stamina. However, I agree that Man Utd need to buy in a world class midfielder to play alongside Carrick. Maybe someone like Lucho Gonzalez - he is a top, top player IMO.

On topic:- Afonso Alves needs quite a big downgrade from what he showed this season. Very poor!

Fletcher's passing have hugely improved over the last 2 seasons - probably from playing alongside Scholes for so long. I can't see why you don't like him? He has bags of energy and does all of Man Utd's dirty work, just like Keane used to.

Michael Carrick is possibly one of the most underrated midfielders in the coutry. His passing range is phenomenal and he chips in with some really important goals. You're right about Anderson - he was pretty poor this season but he still has time on his side being so young. I think if Hargreaves gets fit for next season Man Utd will benefit so much with his work rate and stamina. However, I agree that Man Utd need to buy in a world class midfielder to play alongside Carrick. Maybe someone like Lucho Gonzalez - he is a top, top player IMO.

On topic:- Afonso Alves needs quite a big downgrade from what he showed this season. Very poor!

For all Fletcher's hard work, it oftens results in him getting lured out of position, leaving gaps in the middle of the pitch, or in him giving away needless fouls by barging into players who'll fall over at minimal contact. Can't fault his effort.

As for Carrick, his passing is very good, however he takes too long on the ball generally. He's not got the creativity in his passing, although his passing is very accurate when he does pick a pass. He also slows play down unneccessarily in certain situations, as he doesn't think fast enough to play a pass on the move often enough. He's not a great player going forward, although he does have a good shot, and he's just not a dominant presence in the middle of the park.

Viduka impressed me at times this season too.

a total of 6 games ish he played in, not one did he complete the full 90 minutes. He did not impress me at all. You can and should expect better for someone you pay £60K p/w for :(

speaking of newcastle though, collocini for one was vastly overated in the game.

a total of 6 games ish he played in, not one did he complete the full 90 minutes. He did not impress me at all. You can and should expect better for someone you pay £60K p/w for :(

speaking of newcastle though, collocini for one was vastly overated in the game.

I know he barely played, but when he did he looked somewhat up for it and his presence seemed a lift the other players. He's one of those strikers who stands where a striker should. Unlike Owen...

I know he barely played, but when he did he looked somewhat up for it and his presence seemed a lift the other players. He's one of those strikers who stands where a striker should. Unlike Owen...

Owen to be downgraded? He's living off his reputation nowadays! :rolleyes:

which club do you think he is going to end up at?

For some strange reason I have a gut feeling he'll end up at someone like Portsmouth because I think Crouch is on his way.

On Topic:- Should Agbonlahor be upgraded, downgraded or remain the same?

I think Shay Given deserves an upgrade, some people won't agree, but, in my opinion, he's the best keeper in the Prem and I'm sure most people remember that match where it was just him v Liverpool.

Coloccini was a massive disappointment this season, he should be downgraded along with Owen.

Bassong has played well in a poor team, and Darren Fletcher's had a great year as well.

For all Fletcher's hard work, it oftens results in him getting lured out of position, leaving gaps in the middle of the pitch, or in him giving away needless fouls by barging into players who'll fall over at minimal contact. Can't fault his effort.

Fletcher is very disciplined when it comes into positioning. He almost never gets caught out of position because he roams a small area of the pitch and marks really well. The likes of Anderson have been poor when it comes to getting caught with their pants down.

did someone call anderson wordclass ! ?

not for me he's not . hes good , no way world class

i look forward to the arsenal defence being downgraded

Good shout! Toure has been mediocre this season and the likes of Gallas, who I know has had an injury, has been just as poor.

:)

they'v been woeful at times ..

making the oppo look like world beaters (4-4)

whilst there efforts in the final 3rd of the pitch havn't actually been that bad ..

hangeland at arsenal next season for me :)

Good shout! Toure has been mediocre this season and the likes of Gallas, who I know has had an injury, has been just as poor.

Toure's beginning to show the fact he's actually a midfielder. Gallas has actually been good this season when he's played, most of the time. He seems to be finally turning stroppiness into no-nonsense defending.

Clichy didn't have a brilliant season, but I don't think he deserves any downgrading. If anything he need a slight technical improvement, maybe at the expense of mental stats. Sagna was again impressive, although at times he was made to look a bit weak due to lack of support.

I never understand why a players PA is reduced after a poor season. I mean, he may have played bad but that wasn't the best he can play, so PA should stay the same imo.

I definitly see your point, however theres been a few players who've set the Premier League alight for a few seasons, then faded away and some might argue that they've faded away to their normal levels. I suppose 1 season wonders might be an appropriate description.

Andy Johnson and Kevin Phillips were good examples of that; both were free-scoring at Sunderland and Palace, then arguably fell away and neither really hit the same heights again.

I never understand why a players PA is reduced after a poor season. I mean, he may have played bad but that wasn't the best he can play, so PA should stay the same imo.

Fair enough their PA stay the same but their CA should be reduced given their current performances! Nobody is saying that they won't reach their potential but maybe they should be reduced slightly given their recent form.

:thup:

If someone is 27 and they have a poor year, their PA generally shouldn't be reduced, because that suggests there's no reason why they had that PA in the first place. However, if someone continually plays poorly from say.. 18 'til 22, then obviously a PA reduction is deserved, if they've failed to show any sign of the potential previously predicted of them.

(Lots of P's)

:thup:

If someone is 27 and they have a poor year, their PA generally shouldn't be reduced, because that suggests there's no reason why they had that PA in the first place. However, if someone continually plays poorly from say.. 18 'til 22, then obviously a PA reduction is deserved, if they've failed to show any sign of the potential previously predicted of them.

(Lots of P's)

The 5 P's. Prior Planning = P*ss Poor Performance

i have a feeling that berbatov will be massively downgraded

which is ashame as people have been overly harsh on him this season

and although his workrate is put to shame by tevez its nowhere near as ad as the 8 he has in FM09

zlatan ibrahimovic's work rate is 13 and he is such a lazy player

its the easy thing to do, say berbatov is lazy and doesnt work hard but its not as simple as that

maybe people think hes had a rubbish season and doesnt work hard but his season ahsnt been anywhere near as bad as people ahve made out

he shows every now and again what a genius he can be

while on this subject tevez needs to be downgraded

being a season ticket holder i like him and dont want to see him leave but he simply isnt that a great footballer

he works hard but his composure finishing and passing are really quite poor

he only scored like 6 goals this term, a couple of them were pretty spectacular but its sitll a very poor return

i have a feeling that berbatov will be massively downgraded

which is ashame as people have been overly harsh on him this season

and although his workrate is put to shame by tevez its nowhere near as ad as the 8 he has in FM09

zlatan ibrahimovic's work rate is 13 and he is such a lazy player

its the easy thing to do, say berbatov is lazy and doesnt work hard but its not as simple as that

maybe people think hes had a rubbish season and doesnt work hard but his season ahsnt been anywhere near as bad as people ahve made out

he shows every now and again what a genius he can be

while on this subject tevez needs to be downgraded

being a season ticket holder i like him and dont want to see him leave but he simply isnt that a great footballer

he works hard but his composure finishing and passing are really quite poor

he only scored like 6 goals this term, a couple of them were pretty spectacular but its sitll a very poor return

Berbatov shoild have a permanent 'Unh' next to his name in squad screens. Out of the 2 i would rather have Tevez over Berbatov anyday.

Archived