Getting unplayable Spanish "B" teams promoted?

Hi all just a quick question,

I am currently managing in the Spanish lower leagues, and my team's "B" squad is, naturally, currently in an unplayable/unviewable league. Since I doubt I'll play for long enough (and be succesful enough!) to find this out for myself any time soon, I was wondering:

Say in theory if I was to take my side up to the top divisions, build a big squad and start flooding my B team with players not good enough for my main team but nevertheless very good ones, is there a possibility that that team could get themselves promoted into the Second Division B? Or are promotions from the non playable/viewable divisions always decided on reputation (which means it will probably never happen)?

Yeah. A and B teams can't meet in League (I did play against my B in a cup though) for obvious reasons (dropping the match). What I wonder is: let's say my B is in the second league, and my team is in the first. If A relegates, is B automatically moved to 3rd league?

Yeah. A and B teams can't meet in League (I did play against my B in a cup though) for obvious reasons (dropping the match). What I wonder is: let's say my B is in the second league, and my team is in the first. If A relegates, is B automatically moved to 3rd league?

yes the b team would automatically be moved down a league no matter where they finished.

Yeah I mean the B team getting promoted to the lowest playable league if I in theory managed to get the A team up into the higher leagues, I was basically wondering if the quality of players I placed in there would have an impact on getting them promoted to 2nd Div B. Ohmyhovel has basically answered my question :) Unless anyone knows any different?

No, there is more. In FM, the only relegation and promotion between non-playble leagues are with playable leagues, IE promotion from and relegation to the highest non-playable league. So if your B team starts the game below this league, they can never be playable. You will have to check them on wikipedia. Also, reputation is used to decide who goes up, with a small amount of luck, because no matches are simulated. The only way they could increase reputation is a decent cup run. So the best tactic would be to give them a lot of first-teamers in thire squad when they have a cup game, so they hopefully win and gain rep. As before, though, this is only any good if they are in the highest non-playable league. Even if a cup run is not possible, they may just go up anyway, as I have a game with just the PL loaded, and N.Forest, (Who just avoided relegation IRL), Southampton and Charton (who both got relegated) got promoted to the PL first season.

Archived