Playing Football Manager when you drunk ...

Ok ... Im drunk ... with my wife here and posting here , what can i say , this game is so ****ing good .... Im so drunk right now.

You guys should try playing it when you are drunk the game gets into a new dimension ! Seriously try .. Villa scored a Hat Trick !!

Anyways ... I just wanted to say thanks for all your help youve giving me through Football manager , i know I can be annoying but you guys kept answering my questions. You guys are top blokes seriously , not whinging and making fun like other forums, you guys are like smart i guess thats why u play management games when most people will think the game is boring ...

So what can i say about this after having a bottle and half of wine, this game is just way too realistic , its a great game ... I wonder everyday how people managed to get so much information .... Just amazing , and thennnn.... The simulation , itas just so realistic , every single thing of this game its so realistic and i am so addicted . And i will be addicted to all the serious coming . Wanted to say thanks to whoever company made this game , sega , siga ... Whatever !! Well done !!! You guys a great job , you have a new custome, loyal every year. Bye bye pro evolution , I have a new game to spen my well earned free time.

And thanks to ... you guys !! Thank you again.

My name is Val . and I will saty here for a while ! Thank you

PS: Jacobs Creek Cabernet Merlot

I'm hoping you are in a different timezone to GMT because being drunk at 2pm in the afternoon isn't a great idea :p

Nice to see a happy FM fan though. :thup:

I agree, its not a great idea. Its the best idea ever! :D

Erm... I'm not an alcoholic...... :p

FM + Alcohol = Generally a bad idea

Many times i have woken up in the morning to find my all conquering sides ripped apart, sold, unhappy or replaced with dross.

:thup::o

Stupid signings, tactics that don't make sense, all your players' contracts expired. :(

:thup::o

Stupid signings, tactics that don't make sense, all your players' contracts expired. :(

I must admit I play while I'm drinking but as soon as I feel abit of a 'head on', I save the game and quit to avoid this exact situation :D

I must admit I play while I'm drinking but as soon as I feel abit of a 'head on', I save the game and quit to avoid this exact situation :D

Usually the damage is limited by falling asleep or getting distracted by something else. :D

Last time I did this I got up the next day to find I had tried to sign Joey Barton for Barcelona luckily the transfer hadnt gone through so I could cancel it. I also signed Kaka for £50 million which wasnt too bad at all.

Last time I did this I got up the next day to find I had tried to sign Joey Barton for Barcelona luckily the transfer hadnt gone through so I could cancel it. I also signed Kaka for £50 million which wasnt too bad at all.

You must have been absolutely wasted for that to happen :D

I had quite a bit to drink and I did want Kaka before I went out so that was okay. To then think I know Joey Barton is the ideal partner for Kaka is proof that drinking while playing FM is bad.

Drinking 'on the job (FM job that is)' is a risky game. It can create lovely tactics but it seriously clouds your judgment skills. You would be surprised to load it up and see how much you've paid over the value of a player or how little you sold your star player for.

Speaking of Drunk... I seriously can't be ****ed going to sleep right now...

Good effort. My luck drunk of Football Manager has been fairly sparce. I've had a few real gems a few real *cough* collapses should I say.

I've avoided it tonight though, after tonight it would be a bit odd to end it on football manager, then again it isn't really that good on a forum about it.

I remember selling Pavel Pogrebnyak drunk, and whilst it created a rebirth of the side, he's still statistically my 4th best striker. He was my 2nd best if not for a signing, I targeted while drunk. Though I can't claim that as an alcohol related success, as I had signed him sober 2 days later.

Anyhow, if you do succeed in football manager drunk, it's probably because you were worried about something that was the right move, and when you finally made it (drunk) you had done the right thing by your team, even if you didn't consider the concequences.

the last time i was playing fm drunk it was last summer with my best friend

i spent 2 weeks at his house, we were alone mostly as his girlfriend went home for that period :D

anyway every night we were drunk and played fm like crazy, he was schalke i was werder bremen needless to say in 3 seasons i won the league twice :D

and hugo "the boss" almeida was my best striker :D

ohhh happy times :D wish i could remember how did i do it

the only large transfers ive made of over £20million have been when i've had a few.

somehow the last three summers just as i get my transfer kitty i also get drunk.

1st was aguero(£40mill), who i didnt really really need but was a good purchase.

2nd gourcuff(£35mill), didnt fit my system, wanted to sell him but he's came good.

and most recently i bought veloso for £35million only to wake up and realise his best position is DM not CM and my ass man and coaches all think guthrie(started with him) and delph(£4mill) are better suited!!!!!!!

From limited experience my form dips bigstyle when drunk, I can ruin massive unbeaten runs with 3 defeats on the trot. Luckily I've never had the transfer window open whilst drunk before, that could have some serious consequences. I will have to resume with further testing of how well I perform whilst intoxicated this weekend though.

I never play football manager when im drunk ! Surely you have better things to do when drunk then sit on the computer ?

Sitting playing FM, drinking beers and watching the telly is awesome mate. You should try it sometime :thup:

Archived