So Many Season Ending Injuries!!!!!!

I can't believe I have had 5 season ending injuries for 2 seasons running now. I rotated my squad as much as possible and decrease the workload of my training. Yet I still get so many injures and the worst ones as well. I now have 4 of my best players out of the season and it is impossible to win anything in my season.

Shhh. Don't start an injuries thread, the 'hardcore' fans will treat you like an idiot and point to numerous examples of it being perfectly reasonable.

:thup:

Well let's see ..two completely different saves:

England , Newport CO. couple of games before end of the season in BSP (got promoted after that ) only one light injury.

englandold.th.jpg

England Newport Co. halfway thru 4th season (first in L2)..good lord, i have whole 2 injuries :

england.th.jpg

Now second save, in Turkey(League 2) half thru first season, again only 1 light injury :

turkeyg.th.jpg

England save has trainings on 4 starts , and Turkish on 2 stars only , so i don't have some cracking coaches either.And also in lower leagues lot of players have less stamina and natural fitness = more chances that they will get injured.

It's all about training settings (for me at least). And you can't tell me that i have been lucky in 2 different games (well 3 but i deleted my Swedish save ). And it's not even "vague" to figure out, i just used logic behind what needs to be trained and when.And yes, if you don't watch at least extended highlights , you will have more injuries.

I can also provide screens where my players finished match with less then 50% of condition and yet, they never got injured.

I actually had more injuries in FM 07 then in 09.As for being fan, if you check my post history , you will see that i passionately dislike FM 08 for being full of bugs , exploits and incredibly easy(won't even mention that some Rooneys and likes could have score 50+goals in 50 matches, which is quite laughable).I think that definitely removes me as some sort of fan.

Now you base your theory on what?

See. This is exactly the type of post i was talking about, thanks for providing an example :D

It doesn't happen every time in FM09, indeed injuries aren't anywhere near my biggest gripes with the game.

BUT. There are definite issues when it comes to some odd occasions, that do happen regularly for me (i.e. once every two seasons), is that it targets first team players in the same positions with long term injuries, for instance, taking out all of your right wingers within a couple of weeks.

The main problem is that, because some people are either lucky enough not to experience it, or believe (wrongly - i have tried all sorts of light to heavy training regimes, it didn't effect this issue because they occur in matches) that its down to training sessions, they becomes legendarily arrogant and snobbish to people who are right reporting an issue.

Again, your post is a perfect example of this. For your two saves, there are plenty of people who have had this issue, which strikes me as being obvious because it keeps cropping up in the forums.

Is it down to poor injury coding? Or the zero feedback you get on training regimes within the game? Who knows.

A little less arrogance and condescending language is needed when discussing this issue though.

Its your training! is becoming the new 'Its your tactics' bullcrap that is all too prevalent with attitudes on these boards. There's nothing wrong with people discussing a valid issue.

See. This is exactly the type of post i was talking about, thanks for providing an example :D

It doesn't happen every time in FM09, indeed injuries aren't anywhere near my biggest gripes with the game.

BUT. There are definite issues when it comes to some odd occasions, that do happen regularly for me (i.e. once every two seasons), is that it targets first team players in the same positions with long term injuries, for instance, taking out all of your right wingers within a couple of weeks.

The main problem is that, because some people are either lucky enough not to experience it, or believe (wrongly - i have tried all sorts of light to heavy training regimes, it didn't effect this issue because they occur in matches) that its down to training sessions, they becomes legendarily arrogant and snobbish to people who are right reporting an issue.

Again, your post is a perfect example of this. For your two saves, there are plenty of people who have had this issue, which strikes me as being obvious because it keeps cropping up in the forums.

Is it down to poor injury coding? Or the zero feedback you get on training regimes within the game? Who knows.

A little less arrogance and condescending language is needed when discussing this issue though.

Its your training! is becoming the new 'Its your tactics' bullcrap that is all too prevalent with attitudes on these boards. There's nothing wrong with people discussing a valid issue.

Actually , i am not saying that i do not agree in some of points that you make. For example positional injury bug...i experienced that in previous editions also, and it is something that i agree needs to be looked at.

But again it is not endemic for only this edition and version, nor this version has increasingly more of them.If you can recall , there was this same issue (or discussion ) going on with release of 7.0.3 , which lot of people now claim to be best version ever.

And i am not saying that "It is your training " issue, or not entirely., since i genuinely dislike "it's your tactics " argument to. However , i do know what i am doing in my games, but i cannot see what exactly someone else is doing it , therefore i cannot claim that i know what exactly is going negative in their case.Although in majority of cases it is a case of "plugging" incompatible training schedule or not paying attention to one at all.I think you can agree with that.

I am just posting 2 saves as small example , while i can say that i never have experienced "flood" of injuries in any of editions or version.Yes , i did have 4 top strikers injured at once (in 07) but percentage wise in overall game time , it was very small and negligent amount of time.

And , generally, my teams stayed injury free(well like mega injury free) thru all this by applying simplistic logic of how i trained when i was actively in sport.No more , no less, and that was all what i am trying to point out.That you if someone has injury issues , has to start from somewhere , and most logical place is trainings.Let me make simple observation on that for start, being light load or heavy load training is not most important issue, if issue at all.

If you understood my post as "it's your training only" you are mistaken , and i apologize for not being more eloquent on what exactly i am trying to present.Blame it on my English as second language.But you cannot dismiss my view and presentation as "just being lucky" thing.

Shhh. Don't start an injuries thread, the 'hardcore' fans will treat you like an idiot and point to numerous examples of it being perfectly reasonable.

But that's because if you go to Physioroom.com you see that often (not always) they are realistic. That said, I do feel that the length of the injuries (rather than the amount) can sometimes be a bit too long.

It IS your training.

I have a dozen saves with no major problems. No one can tell me that these problems can't be avoided.

I do agree that there should either be more instructions to this end, and shouldn't be quite so hard for the less in-depth player to find a happy medium, but it CAN be avoided with the right training. otherwise EVERYONE would have the problem.

Post your training schedules.

Then everyone can see if they are beinng condescending, or if you're just refusing to listen to reason.

If everybody just did this it would be a whole lot easier.

Also: if your players in the same position keep getting injured, it's probably because they're getting hard-tackled. The one gripe I have with injuries is that hard tackling can injure players a little too frequently (IRL the ref would take a firm stand against players getting crippled)

Not that it doesn't happen IRL: Utd have lost all their right-backs at one point, Everton lost all their strikers, Arsenal lost about five dozen attacking midfielders (but fortunately they had about five dozen more).

Post your training schedules.

Also: if your players in the same position keep getting injured, it's probably because they're getting hard-tackled. The one gripe I have with injuries is that hard tackling can injure players a little too frequently (IRL the ref would take a firm stand against players getting crippled)

You are right about that.When i am watching matches , AI has periods where it beats life out of my players. If match is tight , AI will have periods where it looks like only cares about tight marking and hard tackling.It happens disregarding of league and country that i play in.Sometimes i think that AI is intentionally trying to injure some player(s) , to create favorable situation for itself (i know it's not true though).

I noticed one is always around 25-30 minutes into first half , and others are random depending on result.

Hopefully they will work out something more efficient to help AI instead of that in FM 10.

Well again, what do training schedules have to do with in match injuries by hard tackling opponents?

I'm not posting training schedules because I stopped playing the game again.

Last time I checked this wasn't your thread.

My post was in reference to the OP, which doesn't state how the injuries are occurring, so I suggested a training-based possibility, and a match-based possibility.

Besides, if you're wearing your players down in training, they go into the match tired and more injury-prone, I believe, so the hard-tackling of the opposition is more likely to injure them.

If you've stopped playing the game because of a "bug" that might just be mismanagement on your end (I guess we'll never know because you refuse to post anything that could prove/disprove this)then fine, your choice.

Well dude, you're not reading very well. If you see in my first post I said its not near my biggest gripe with the game :)

Besides that, when I was playing, i never played anyone that was described as tired, or below 95% condition, so its not that either.

The OP has probably already been scared off by people like you who are implying that he's making it up and/or is stupid for making the thread :)

Last time I checked this wasn't your thread.

My post was in reference to the OP, which doesn't state how the injuries are occurring, so I suggested a training-based possibility, and a match-based possibility.

Besides, if you're wearing your players down in training, they go into the match tired and more injury-prone, I believe, so the hard-tackling of the opposition is more likely to injure them.

If you've stopped playing the game because of a "bug" that might just be mismanagement on your end (I guess we'll never know because you refuse to post anything that could prove/disprove this)then fine, your choice.

I think there may be an link between excessive fitness training (to try and prevent injuries) and actually seeing an increase in them, particularly in matches.

Think about it.. If you're spending a lot of time suddenly on training your physical strength and working your muscles a lot, they're likely to become much more tense and tender in the short term. This could then lead to more injuries in matches from collisions and contact that ordinarily wouldn't have been as significant. Then, while recupperating, the muscles in question may again become less 'strong', and so your training may have ultimately become unworthwhile.

As a result you'll want to return to the same training to help them regain strength and so on, and then the same thing could occur again, and so results in a kind of circular effect of trying to improve fitness leading to exactly the opposite.

I don't know if this is in any way reflected in the game, or if I've explained what I'm trying to say well, but it's worth a thought I think.

It is NOT training. If you avoid the "injury bug" - which is what it is - then you've been lucky.

Sure, the correct training setting does limit the impact of injuries, but there are certain occasions - regardless of your training set up - when the game will basically pick a position and cripple every single senior player who plays there.

I had five players who had the position "AMR" as at least "Accomplished". Within a week, they all picked up injuries keeping them out for periods between 3 to 8 months. This was after two seasons of fairly reasonable injury lists.

Also, I once had a game when EIGHT players went off injured, five of which ended up with long term injuries.

It's a game fault. I can't explain why it happens or actually "how" it happens - but to say it's "because of your training" is an attempt to find a reason for something that happens due to a fault. The best explanation is the game undertaking a self-correction if it feels your squad needs to "catch up" on the rate of injuries.

Uncanny, that exact thing happened to me.

In one game it hard tackled/injured all three of my right wingers and took them out for over 5 months (combined)

One of them had only been on the pitch 5 minutes.

I don't like reloading the game but in that instance I did cause it was ridiculous, the guy causing all three injuries didnt even get carded!!

Ironically the next week my best right winger got put out of action for nearly 2 months, but that time i just took it on the chin and accepted it.

It is NOT training. If you avoid the "injury bug" - which is what it is - then you've been lucky.

Sure, the correct training setting does limit the impact of injuries, but there are certain occasions - regardless of your training set up - when the game will basically pick a position and cripple every single senior player who plays there.

I had five players who had the position "AMR" as at least "Accomplished". Within a week, they all picked up injuries keeping them out for periods between 3 to 8 months. This was after two seasons of fairly reasonable injury lists.

Also, I once had a game when EIGHT players went off injured, five of which ended up with long term injuries.

It's a game fault. I can't explain why it happens or actually "how" it happens - but to say it's "because of your training" is an attempt to find a reason for something that happens due to a fault. The best explanation is the game undertaking a self-correction if it feels your squad needs to "catch up" on the rate of injuries.

Just as if you're saying, those who haven't had the "injury bug" are lucky to have not; those who have had injuries too are just unlucky, really. Not really too sure how you can argue otherwise based on two examples from one player's experience. Maybe this does need a much wider investigation, but still the wider picture needs to be considered.

If we're looking at individual games: My current save, as Wolves, is now in 2027. I can't recall at any point in the last 18/19 years where I've thought "that's ridiculous". Yes, I've had a few occasions on which I've been without numerous players in the same position, and I've had a few games where I've had numerous players forced off through injury. At no point however have I seen my squad "unrealistically" depleted beyond a combination of slight knocks from the previous game, and a few long term injuries. I'm not saying this proves anything..

I think there may be an link between excessive fitness training (to try and prevent injuries) and actually seeing an increase in them, particularly in matches.

Think about it.. If you're spending a lot of time suddenly on training your physical strength and working your muscles a lot, they're likely to become much more tense and tender in the short term. This could then lead to more injuries in matches from collisions and contact that ordinarily wouldn't have been as significant. Then, while recupperating, the muscles in question may again become less 'strong', and so your training may have ultimately become unworthwhile.

As a result you'll want to return to the same training to help them regain strength and so on, and then the same thing could occur again, and so results in a kind of circular effect of trying to improve fitness leading to exactly the opposite.

I don't know if this is in any way reflected in the game, or if I've explained what I'm trying to say well, but it's worth a thought I think.

This is what i had to do when i was actively playing(translated into FM version ) :

1) Coming from holidays in summer , after partying and having fun during off months, i was definitely not fit and not ready to run for 5-10 minutes , let alone longer.

So first thing what i needed was heavy weights and jogging (running) for some period to get back in workable shape.

2)After i was finally capable to "survive" physical part , then i had to focus on my technical side (ex. new moves , positioning , etc..). That was during training "friendly" matches. You can't go after that and continue to lift weights with same zeal and intensity. That would kill you (injure you ).

3) Regular part starts , you don't have luxury to try out new things anymore, to risky , and definitely you cannot afford to do heavy physical load after competition, because you need some rest and work on team tactical side .Saying that , your training is focused on teamwork and trying achieve closest to perfection your tactics and work.Weight lifting (or anything intensive )should be almost an afterthought at that point.It's there just enough to keep you fit between to events.

I simply used that on schedules and my injuries went down. However, i never said that i had none.and it is only part of the solution to the problem not the whole resolution.

Fair enough, all I'm saying is for people to blindly state "It's your training" without actually knowing what the issue is they're commenting on is a bit silly.

My idea of "ridiculous" is in a squad of 25 players, having 15 injured. Which has happened, with the latest patch, on one of my games. Yet on my main save, I never have more than 8 injuries as a general rule. Using the same training schedules by the way!

So I have seen both ends of the spectrum and I definitely think there is something at work that needs addressing.

So I have seen both ends of the spectrum and I definitely think there is something at work that needs addressing.

That would be excessive hard tackling by AI, which definitely increases potential for injuries.

Nothing wrong with AI being able to hard tackle , but what i am seeing in games is sometimes close to homicide attempt.At same time no cards , sometimes even no fouls.But again , AI was doing same in previous editions with similar effect.

There is, of course, another issue that may be clouding this: if your injuries are to your first-choice DL, your second-choice DL and your third-choice DL, you notice it. If they're to your first choice DL, your second-choice MR and your third-choice ST, you probably don't. This may add up to a perception that you get multiple injuries in one position more frequently than you actually do.

Fair enough, all I'm saying is for people to blindly state "It's your training" without actually knowing what the issue is they're commenting on is a bit silly.

I haven't blindly stated anything. I merely observed that no one posts their training when they make these complaints - maybe just because it's a hassle to do so, but still.

Furthermore, I pointed out that often the issue is the AIs ability to hard tackle with impunity, so long as they do it in relatively innocuous parts of the pitch. My DM gets hacked down constantly, for instance, and the CMs who do it never get carded.

I wasn't discounting the possibility of a bug still being there (let's be honest, a bug in an FM game is not such a rarity), but It'd be good if there was a little more evidence.

As for players in the same position getting injured - these players are most likely to be sharing the same training schedules AND to be suffering identical treatment at the hands of the AI tackling.

My Ass Man often tells me that hard tackling the CBs, or sometimes even the goalkeeper, is a great idea. I ignore it, but you can see how the AI might decide to target your LBs every game, and never get booked because it's not in an attacking position.

Also: you have the same training schedule, but I presume you do not have the same players, facilities, coaches or physios on both saves. 8 injuries should still be impossible to do without realising you're doing something wrong, but I'm just saying that there could be something you could do to compensate for the AI's retardedness at assigning injuries, maybe something that others are doing by accident. Who knows?

Injuries-wise, I don't think using hard-tackling yourself is advisable (a theory I haven't rigorously tested)

Wakers :"Shhh. Don't start an injuries thread, the 'hardcore' fans will treat you like an idiot and point to numerous examples of it being perfectly reasonable."

That's your 1st post, I see nothing about your reasons for stopping playing FM. And debating someone's reasoning is not the same as calling them stupid: it is possible to disagree with people in a polite fashion, perhaps you will learn that one day.

I haven't blindly stated anything. I merely observed that no one posts their training when they make these complaints - maybe just because it's a hassle to do so, but still.

Furthermore, I pointed out that often the issue is the AIs ability to hard tackle with impunity, so long as they do it in relatively innocuous parts of the pitch. My DM gets hacked down constantly, for instance, and the CMs who do it never get carded.

I wasn't discounting the possibility of a bug still being there (let's be honest, a bug in an FM game is not such a rarity), but It'd be good if there was a little more evidence.

As for players in the same position getting injured - these players are most likely to be sharing the same training schedules AND to be suffering identical treatment at the hands of the AI tackling.

My Ass Man often tells me that hard tackling the CBs, or sometimes even the goalkeeper, is a great idea. I ignore it, but you can see how the AI might decide to target your LBs every game, and never get booked because it's not in an attacking position.

Also: you have the same training schedule, but I presume you do not have the same players, facilities, coaches or physios on both saves. 8 injuries should still be impossible to do without realising you're doing something wrong, but I'm just saying that there could be something you could do to compensate for the AI's retardedness at assigning injuries, maybe something that others are doing by accident. Who knows?

Injuries-wise, I don't think using hard-tackling yourself is advisable (a theory I haven't rigorously tested)

Wakers :"Shhh. Don't start an injuries thread, the 'hardcore' fans will treat you like an idiot and point to numerous examples of it being perfectly reasonable."

That's your 1st post, I see nothing about your reasons for stopping playing FM. And debating someone's reasoning is not the same as calling them stupid: it is possible to disagree with people in a polite fashion, perhaps you will learn that one day.

So you mean you didn't read any of my other posts before replying to that one? Not my fault, really :D

And you mean I could be more polite than inferring that I shouldn't be posting in a thread because 'its not yours'? And then saying that I have been rude to people, when I haven't been rude to anyone?

:D

Gotta love the hypocrisy that takes place around here sometimes :D

I completely agree with Dekker on the point of AI trying to hard tackle(i would rather saying beating up) certain players as part of their match strategy(since they are beating them with or without ball).

That, along some other precipitating factors would lead to increased number of injuries.I had games where my physically superior DC's were more on the floor then playing and they were consistently getting beaten up by physically meaker AI strikers(with or without the ball). Then next match it was turn on my right side (or left side) players, DR and MR (DL, ML)would keep getting oblitarated.

Problem was getting increased (it looked like that to me ),since longer i was having good string of the result AI was getting more agressive in this.However , i will say this again, we can't prevent AI behavior like that , but with proper training regiment , we can lower chance of players that are getting beaten up having injury(not completely remove it).

@Wakers .. no offense, but your first post was rather provocative and that what 's got me going .It is one thing to point out on certain game flaws (being true or not ) and another to generally make statement like that. Dekker (and me ) were not denying that there is an issue ,and at same time we added that it can be partially remedied (only partially), but we don't accept broad statment without any background.

I think that you can agree with this :)

Its just what happens on these boards though.

People complain about injuries, with valid evidence, and they get told to effectively shut up, or patch the game, or a couple of other worthless offerings.

Its the same when people complain about bugs in the match engine.

Hasn't happened so much in this thread apart from Dekker's two faced rant at least :)

Its just what happens on these boards though.

People complain about injuries, with valid evidence, and they get told to effectively shut up, or patch the game, or a couple of other worthless offerings.

Its the same when people complain about bugs in the match engine.

Hasn't happened so much in this thread apart from Dekker's two faced rant at least :)

Sorry , but in this case i haven't seen any solid evidence except general statement (no offense to OP) and at same time, i don't see how Dekker's post can be viewed as rant .I certainly can relate to your feelings(or frustration) about 09 in general , since i felt even stronger about FM 08 last year .Perhaps there was level of ignorance ,maybe, in other threads , but in this case there was none with Dekker one.

Some other posts here could be viewed as possible rant , but realistically not one that Dekker posted.

Now let's get back on topic discussion , since i believe that we are getting somewhere with this.It is certainly more productive then pointing fingers on each other :)

Considering your PM there isn't really much else to contribute, because I feel justified now in that my beliefs were somewhat true! :D

As are the OP's, for anyone keeping score.

So in conclusion then we can maybe say that :

- AI hard tackles are to surgical and powerful right now, and maybe even tactically premeditated.

- Anything that can increase possible chance of injury in Human player tactics should be avoided in order to lower chances of injuries. Hard Tackling, heavy closing instructions and failing to adjust tactics to weather and pitch conditions could and will increase chances of injuries, among the other possible causes.

- Right now , there is no full remedy to the issue ,except to use proper training schedule in order to make players more resilient to injuries.It will not completely remove all of the issues but will help quite significantly.Unless someone has idea on how to avoid AI's rather belligerent and hard tackling altogether.

It's not most pleasant solution , but it appears to be reasonable effort to make game more satisfying.Data presented in this thread points heavily on these conclusions.

I hope that Dekker and you both agree with this view, or not ?

Its weird. The number over a season is about right. But they seem to happen in groups and target positions. I can go 3 months and have about a month of injuries combined from my squad with a few days here and there. Then in the next month i can get 3 right wingers out for 3 months combined and 2 of my left wingers out for 2 months. At points i have had 9 injured in my squad but also i have had 0 on many occasions.

Overall i think the number is done well but they just need to be spread out more and not targetting positions. But, being a Newcastle fan, i do understand that injury crises should happen.

Archived