transfer funds at end of season.

Playing as Bolton and am nearly at the end of my first season (10 games to go). Through sales and budget adjustments I have £4.5mill available for transfers - for the first time ever

My question is, if I dont spend it, does it add on to my budget next season, or is it absorbed by the club.......

Need to kno soon, time is running out . . .

Your board will want to balance the books. Money will be owed to shareholders, used for stadium maintenance etc. Then you have season ticket sales added to your income, tv revenue for the coming season etc.

After all that the board will assess how much they can give you in terms of wage/transfer budgets for the coming season. Will also depend on your clubs Bank Balance at the end of the season, if you're in the red then you might not get very much of that money added onto next season's budget.

It's 'absorbed' by the club. As Golfpunk has pointed out, once end-of-season and new-season payments are all dealt with, your bank balance will be very different to your balance now and the board will always set a new Transfer Budget on the first day of the new season which reflects the balance at the time.

So essentially, spend it or potentially lose it. But potentially, with the new income for the new season, you'll be given more than £4.5mill anyway :)

FYI

Balance: 11.5mill

Profit/loss: +14.5mill

Season Budget: 7.5mill

Remaining: 4.5milll (This is all as it stands now)

Am going for european footie at the moment , and I should get the Uefa cup.

On you advice, though will spend it

I was just about to ask this very same question. I started a game with Middlesborough and had around 5million to spend, at the end of the season I was left with around 3million.

OK so seond season comes and the board gave me 35million, most of which comes from tv revenue. This allowed me to wheel and deal a bit and I am now left with 17million left. I am not sure what to do now, wether to keep the money or to spend it on a few new players.

I guess what I am asking is if the transfer funds are absorbed by the club at the end of the season, does that mean that next season I will be offered a lot more than 35million in season 3? My reasoning being that with 17 million left compared to the first season then after paying the bills I should have more money overall.

It will depend on your clubs balance at the end of the season. If you have spent alot of money on say Scouting, Stadium Maintenance, Taxes etc. then your board will review the budgets at the end of the season. If you have another successful season then you will hopefully get a transfer budget equal to if not greater than your previous season.

If you feel that your squad is good enough though with the transfers you have made then I, personally, would keep the money and try build up your club's balance. An ever increasing bank balance can lead to your club getting a new stadium in the future or even an upgrade of the Riverside. :thup:

Thanks for the quick reply.

I chose the easiest option in the 2nd season, with me only having to be in the top half of the table, which I take as 10th or above. I am fairly confident of achieving this, but I have brought in some high wage earners into the side, so I am now not sure of how the clubs bank balance will look at the end of the season even though I am below the wage budget at present.

I would like to start filling up my reserves with some top quality promising players, so I was going to spend the money on those.

Quick off topic question, how the hell do I promote a coach to first team coach. I have a bunch of new good coaches but I cant seem to find a way to promote one or two to 'first team coaches', my present first team coaches are rubbish.

I'd try to keep as much money as possible. I know everyone wants to spend big on players, but other things have to be taken into consideration.....and if you spend the remaining money on a player, they would have to find money from somewhere to pay what needs to be paid, and it could even mean that you go into the red (although TV money, and Season Ticket money shouldn't let you..)

Well, i just went out and spent it on 2 squad players.

A goalie, and a versatile Midfield player

Couldn't get any one good for 4.5mill

Hope I gate at least 15mill next year, have got my shortlist.

Archived