how do u search talents when u are managing a lower league club?

I know there are plenty of good quality free agents out there, especially in countries like Belgium, Holland. but since most lower league sides don't really let u to scout players abroad, so normally i would have to click on the non-league or lower league Dutch or Belgian sides in order to search for good bargains.

however, by doing this it's quite tiresome to be honest. frankly i gotta admit this is one pretty dumb method to go for.

so i m wondering if anyone knows a better way, or easier way for us to search for talent in Holland and Belgium (while without scouts, thus they won't show in the "player search")?

Personally, I prefer to only sign players who appear within my scouting network who appear on the player search screen. If they are not within my scouting network, i don't know about them so cannot scout them.

Not everyone plays by these rules though, have you tried using Genie Scout? I know some people consider this cheating but it might help you to do what you are after.

You get lucky. I did. With Bradford I sent some scouts out while in League One and signed some very young players for free or on very cheap prices. Some turned out to be hopeless and hardly improved but a few helped me reach the premier league and they were still 1st team regulars when I was in the premier league. Sorry about not be very helpful but I feel luck plays a big part sometimes.

If he hired a staff member from Belgium would that make the players appear on the search?

I think it would but am not 100 percent certain.

Yes, it would. Any scouting knowledge gained from employees would improve the range of players that appear on the player search screen.

If he hired a staff member from Belgium would that make the players appear on the search?

I think it would but am not 100 percent certain.

I was going to suggest the same but I'm not sure if Scouting Knowledge of a certain country will allow you to actually assign a scout to that specific country. It's down to your board where you send your scouts, isn't it? They don't want a lower league club spening £££'s on sending scouts all over the shop!

Edit:- Misread AcidBurn's post - nothing to do with assigning scouts :o What Dafuge said is spot on :thup:

Not trying to be bad guy , but what is the point of being lower league manager if you are using search engine and scout genie (?), or whatever is called.

Use your scout that you have (or hire ) and let him do his job :) Otherwise you will find it way to easy(and probably boring) to play LL.

But , again, it's your game ..do whatever you want to.

I have to admit I downloaded Genie Scout a few months back & it ruined the game for me, My advice would be to do what I'm doing now & what the others guys are telling you, develop your scouting system it makes unearthing a gem much more enjoyable.

Another good way is obviously take note of opposition players that catch your eye & have them scouted.

In a nutshell stay away from Genie Scout.

You can try and look for staff who will give you that scouting knowledge. There may be some former players who have some scouting knowledge of that country willing to join your club, and they may get you started.

In truth, though, lower-league teams don't scout these players because they may not be able to afford the costs of helping him settle; and those players would rather not move overseas to do semi-professional jobs when they could stay at home and do semi-professional.

It's a little tip for players in lower leagues, though. If you play in the UK, try and get scouting knowledge for all the Home Nations as it's easy and opens up loads of options especially if you've loaded those leagues or nations. And it is not terribly unrealistic for a team of that stature to know about teams and players in the UK.

Staff & Player search windows and developing a scouting network is the best way to go.

Some of the English clubs will let you scout Spain & France even in the Blue Square leagues

When your knowledge level for Spain or France is high enough look for a Coach/Scout with decent ratings in other additional countries your interested in and see if you can agree a contract, that should enable extra foreign players on the search screen.

Archived