High CA with crap attributes vs Low CA but much better attributes

why does the game consider High CA with crap attributes players to be better than Lower CA but much better attributes even if they are about the same age (28)

i did a quick test with an editor i had two CM aged 28 called player X and Y. i made player x have a CA of 170 but made all his mental, physical and technical attributes below 10, then i gave player Y a CA of 100 but made most his mental, physical and technical attributes 12 and above. when i got a coach report player X was considered a much better player than Y even though his attrbutes were crap why is this, surley the player with better attributes would be more effective and contribute more to the team

surley when getting a coach/scout report on players like this it should say something like 'even though Player X has a better abilty than Player Y, player X's poorer attributes mean player Y would be the more effective player

It does this because, for simplicity, CA is used outside of the ME to determine how "good" a player is. As CA is roughly a sum of all the "fixed" variables that affect the Match Engine (ie not morale, motivation, form), it works quite well.

As others have said, the high CA player will be balanced out soon. You've broken a law of the game, of course there will be strange looking results!

Archived