Suggestion: Manage Women´s National Team

Thats fine, but could you name the England ladies starting XI? Or Brazil or anyones? I dont think its well known enough yet to be included in the game.

(sexist remark alert)

And by god help you if you have to play a match on a certain week each month!

I would have to say no. It would be very difficult to put into the game and would make the database considerably larger meaning an even more dramatic slowdown for users. Plus, I don't think it will be used enough for research time to be put into it when it could be used in more used areas of the game.

Yeah, the quality is dreadful and one of the worst things I have ever witnessed.

Big exaggeration. Women's football isn't too bad at all and the games can be good to watch. I would say it is on par with BSN/BSS stuff from what I have seen.

Big exaggeration. Women's football isn't too bad at all and the games can be good to watch. I would say it is on par with BSN/BSS stuff from what I have seen.

:thup: There are some great players, but there are some who are just poor. Rachel Yankey is the most overrated woman's footballer though; every time I've seen her she's been clueless.

The opening game of the last WC did the sport no favour.

only if they swap shirts after the game

I bet more people would use the 3D match engine then ;)

And at the person who said women's football is about the same quality as BSS/BSN, c'mon the football in those leagues is absoulute crap

No offence to anybody here who's played at that level or knows somebody who has

I bet more people would use the 3D match engine then ;)

And at the person who said women's football is about the same quality as BSS/BSN, c'mon the football in those leagues is absoulute crap

No offence to anybody here who's played at that level or knows somebody who has

I often find that football more entertaining than the Premier League to be honest. More drama and more excitement than most highly polished Premiership games.

no why the hell would you want to

Nice response... :rolleyes:

Tbh I'm more interested in managing.. say, Everton Ladies than I am managing Manchester United, I just don't think the research or implementation is feasable, 'cause it'd basically be a separate game.

only if they swap shirts after the game

To quote a Mr S. Blatter:

"Let the women play in more feminine clothes like they do in volleyball. They could, for example, have tighter shorts.

Female players are pretty, if you excuse me for saying so, and they already have some different rules to men - such as playing with a lighter ball.

That decision was taken to create a more female aesthetic, so why not do it in fashion?"

Edit: I'm not saying I agree with, or condone, his words.

I couldn't disagree more strongly Peter.

A reckon a "top" woman's team would get beaten easily by a team in the Blue Square Leagues. I honestly think yuo would have to go down to a lot lower level than that.

I've only ever seen one female player who was any good. She was a German winger but I can't remeber her name.

Also, have you seen how shockingly bad every female goalkeeper is. Coming for crosses? Not a chance. Seriously - all you have to do to score into them is hit a medium-powered shot from 25 yards above head height and more often than not you will score.

Or punt it high in the air and watch the calamity unfold.

No way would a female team cut in the BSN/BSS.

Obviously they couldn't compete physically with the men's sport. But the many Premier League Womens footballers are technically gifted and could cut it with the technical game. Also, I must say that the keepers are genereally pretty shocking, I have to agree, but the outfield players are technically good.

Obviously they couldn't compete physically with the men's sport. But the many Premier League Womens footballers are technically gifted and could cut it with the technical game. Also, I must say that the keepers are genereally pretty shocking, I have to agree, but the outfield players are technically good.

I would agree with that I suppose. Technically there are some gifted female players (wan't Ronaldo's girlfriend the world record holder for keepi-ups?) but football as a game is not measured purely on technique. This is why woman could never compete at the highest level against men. Strength has a key element especially when using it in conjuction with techncial skills. For instance. Beckham, Gerrard, Iniesta, hit some fantastic cross-field passes or 60 yard through-balls. Their technique would be useless if they didn't have the power to get the ball to cover the distance. And also, as you have said, the fact that it is a contact sport makes strength even more crucial. It would be interesting to see a men v women game, with players who were judged to be of similar technical ability.

I wonder why the goalkeepers are so poor. It's a generalisation to say this but I think it's fair. Perhaps it has to do with spacial awareness, judging distances, velocity etc. It's a fact that generally men have far better spacial awareness than women and ti could be argued that a goalkeepers need this trait mroe than an outfield player. I bet male goalkeepers are excellent at parallel parking!

I agree with all of that post. Would be a very interesting match but the physicality of the men would no doubt overwhelm the women.

If I were to play against a woman I would be very aware hat I may break her arm in a shoulder challenge. Imagine what would go through your mind as you charge in for a slide tackle!

Perhaps if we organised a game between 11 of the butchest, strongest, dare I say, dykiest females against a team of, camp, screeching Gok Wan lookalikes. This may present a fair match and good all round family entertainment!

If I were to play against a woman I would be very aware hat I may break her arm in a shoulder challenge. Imagine what would go through your mind as you charge in for a slide tackle!

Perhaps if we organised a game between 11 of the butchest, strongest, dare I say, dykiest females against a team of, camp, screeching Gok Wan lookalikes. This may present a fair match and good all round family entertainment!

Definitely something I would pay to see :thup:

Regardless of whether or not it'd be worth it from a gameplay point of view, from a realism point of view it's a bit of a moot point. I can't claim to be an expert, but I highly doubt that any manager of a male team has crossed over and managed a female team, or vice versa.

Yes it should, all these anti arguments are baseless, how many people know who plays in India, Hong Kong or Wales??? womens football is massive and it could generate more females into playing gods own game

I dont think you could include this as theres not enough interest but maybe in the future.

The womens FA Cup final was pretty good no diving no cheating and better than some of the really terrible FA cup finals over the past few years in mens football.

Regardless of whether or not it'd be worth it from a gameplay point of view, from a realism point of view it's a bit of a moot point. I can't claim to be an expert, but I highly doubt that any manager of a male team has crossed over and managed a female team, or vice versa.

Well, actually there are some, but not many. Not that it matters anyway. A norwegian tv-commentator once said about women football: "It's not football and it's not women" (roughly translated). I tend to agree.

I wonder why the goalkeepers are so poor. It's a generalisation to say this but I think it's fair. Perhaps it has to do with spacial awareness, judging distances, velocity etc. It's a fact that generally men have far better spacial awareness than women and ti could be argued that a goalkeepers need this trait mroe than an outfield player. I bet male goalkeepers are excellent at parallel parking!

It's nothing that complicated. It's the same reason that Africa produces crap keepers by the bucketload, and why South America produces its fair share also.

In the African countries, the goalkeeper is the grown-up equivalent of the nerdy kid who got picked last for playground football and forced to go in goal. Hell, Adebayor said in an interview that they didn't even play with goals most of the time, they just passed and dribbled - they had to teach him how to shoot in Europe - so who would decide that they were a goalie? Only the ones who couldn't play elsewhere.

If a bunch of athletic girls (calm down.) all want to take up football, why the hell would they go in goal? Instead they get the short-sighted one with a back condition to tend goal, and subsequently lose 11-0.

Why David James, several generations, via the Caribbean, removed from the dusty playgrounds of Africa, still can't catch the ball half the time, I do not know.

It's nothing that complicated. It's the same reason that Africa produces crap keepers by the bucketload, and why South America produces its fair share also.

In the African countries, the goalkeeper is the grown-up equivalent of the nerdy kid who got picked last for playground football and forced to go in goal. Hell, Adebayor said in an interview that they didn't even play with goals most of the time, they just passed and dribbled - they had to teach him how to shoot in Europe - so who would decide that they were a goalie? Only the ones who couldn't play elsewhere.

If a bunch of athletic girls (calm down.) all want to take up football, why the hell would they go in goal? Instead they get the short-sighted one with a back condition to tend goal, and subsequently lose 11-0.

Why David James, several generations, via the Caribbean, removed from the dusty playgrounds of Africa, still can't catch the ball half the time, I do not know.

The same logic applies to Brazilian defenders.

lol as if, its worse than 10 year olds school teams, not even exaggerating

Guys I think that this feature would be pretty pointless.

Girls do play this game! (I'm shocked to) But evan when they do, they are going to want to be able to manage Arsenal not Arsenal Ladies!

just Saying

Doubt this would be done as it would enlarge the database for the game and i imagine with the amount of moaning about the game being to slow this time around would put SI off making it slower.

Some of the comments in here are shockingly sexist. PMLF, who I'd wager knows more about football than any of us, last year said that Marta was the best Brazilian footballer. He then added that he was including Kaka in that.

Women's football is not a shocking sport, but naturally the goalkeepers are shorter (so more goals are scored from long shots) and the players would be destroyed by the physicality of the men's game. On technical ability, I think the best XI of the woman's game could compete in the Championship.

Your on your own there i reckon pete!

I watched a video of the greatest woman player on the planet, and i really hoped i would be impressed.

She was average at best, if thats the best, it doesnt look good for womens football.

But of course like any sports, it will get better and better.

A big NO to womens football in FM!

Im seeing some people saying womens football can be technically as good as mens?

Your talking about pub level right? i hope so and that i would agree with, but as for international or say bpl you have absoultely no chance!

That is a very, very large exaggeration. You have absoloutely no idea about womens football at all if that is seriously what you think.

I saw a few games in the womens world cup when it was on TV and i'm not even messing, school kids make less ridiculous mistakes than the best of womens football do.. i'm not saying women are bad at sport, but they are definitely bad at football

Archived