The Golden Joysticks - We've been nominated!

Last month we told you about The Golden Joysticks – the Game Awards voted for by the people.

Well thanks to the Herculean efforts that you guys put in last time, we’ve been nominated on the Shortlist in an incredible FOUR different categories. They are:

- PC Game of The Year

- Handheld Game of The Year

- The Ultimate Game of the Year

- UK Developer of The Year

So now we need you to vote again and choose Football Manager 2009 and Football Manager Handheld 2009 as your favourite game in each of those categories. Go on, be our 12th man!

VOTE NOW

Thanks.

If there wasn't as many problems with Fm2009, then I would have voted for you guys. But I am finding how hard it is installing fm2009 again after reformatting and not playing for 6 months.

CaptainHaddock, I demand we all get some sort of reward; this voting is wearing me out.

How about a slice of my half eaten marmite on toast? Admittedly it's burnt but it's all I have :o

CaptainHaddock - you need to amend your post, you've been nominated for 5 categories - FM Live on Online Game of the Year.

Have voted for all five :)

The FMLive shortlist details have already been posted by Bertie BG in the FML forums - we agreed to not step on each others toes.

That's how toes are broken :)

IMO the game does not deserve The Ultimate Game of the Year or UK Developer of The Year.

dont really know wether its the pc game of the year cause the only game i wasted my money on this year was fm so im biased.

cant judge on handheld either.

sorry but to be negative, but is this a joke? Football Manager 2009 is far from the game of the year. It seems to have alienated a good deal of people who have been playing Champ Man since the very start. The many problems that have warranted various patches just to get the game up to a standard that would be deemed acceptable had the game just been released.

I am baffled by this whole nomination talk.

Last month we told you about The Golden Joysticks – the Game Awards voted for by the people!

Well thanks to the Herculean efforts that you guys put in last time, we’ve been nominated on the Shortlist in an incredible FOUR different categories! They are:

- PC Game of The Year

- Handheld Game of The Year

- The Ultimate Game of the Year

- UK Developer of The Year

So now we need you to vote again and choose Football Manager 2009 and Football Manager Handheld 2009 as your favourite game in each of those categories! Go on, be our 12th man!

VOTE NOW

Thanks!

There were far too many inappropriate exclamation marks in your message, so no, I won't be your twelfth man.

Thanks anyway.

Very few teams in real life would set their central defender to challenge the keeper, most would be running in from the edge of the box or similar. It'd be a small striker on the keeper, normally.

I remember Sami Hyypia often being up against the keeper at corners.

The shorter striker normally stands on the far post, no? That's supposedly where the best chances with the feet are.

I have long got a strong player to challenge the goalkeeper, and of course this often equates to a player with high jumping too (remember, the bug doesn't solely consist of centre backs, it also affects other tall players).

• 1 month later...

Archived