Feeder / Parent club ? What are they ?

As far as I know A Feeder Club is a club that can provide you with loan players, arrange friendlies, Have first oppurtunites or I think to expand your fan base in unknown companies. Parent Clubs are the same but fipped compared to a parent Club.

Also Can Anyone with any knowladge of RAM usage plz come to my thread Extreme Slowness Problem Thank you!!

(Soz to Hijack)

A feeder club link is a link with a club lower down than you and a parent club link is one with a club higher up than you.

While in real life football, in the United Kingdom especially, they are prohibited, the advantages of a parent/feeder club can be numerous. As a parent club, you might be able to get 'first option' on your feeder's players. This means that if they accept a bid for a player, they will have to accept a bid of the same value from you. Similarly, if you are a feeder club selling a good player, you might find your parent club coming in with an offer which you will not be able to refuse if you've accepted the same price elsewhere.

Another, more common, link is to play friendlies. The feeder club hosts a friendly between the two teams and keeps all the gate receipts. This can be quite useful if you're a club such as Altrincham, who play a seasonal friendly with Manchester United. There are also financial benefits in terms of, sometimes, the parent club can be obligated to pay the feeder a sum of money each year. Parent clubs can also get money if they find a feeder club in Asia or America who can bring in money through merchandise.

The feeder club may also have the option of loaning players from the parent. Players will be much more open to a loan offer from a lower league team if that team is the club's feeder club. Finally, if you are a big club in England/UK, where players need a work permit or EU nationality to play, you may find a feeder club in Belgium, Poland, Spain or similar. Belgium, for example, have a very short period of time needed for citizenship, 3 years IIRC, so you can put your imported young Chinese players there for three years. When they get Belgian nationality, they will no longer need a work permit. Spanish work permit feeder clubs are useful when bringing in players (usually from South and Central America, bar Brazil) who speak Spanish as a mother tongue but don't have EU citizenship.

Here's a thread listing the time for citizenship in different European countries.

Go to your club's page and find 'Affiliated Clubs' in the sidebar to see what your club has as parents and feeders and to cancel and set up new links. You can also find out what kind of agreement you have in place with the parent/feeder club. If you don't see 'Affilated Clubs' it means you don't have any. To request some, go to your manager page, go to 'Board Room' and it is one of the requests you may make to the chairman.

Well, I figure a longer explanation is better than 'try the manual' in terms of helping new users (who have already racked up 55 posts - but new nonetheless). In fact, I can now use that reply for future reference \o/ :).

Well, I figure a longer explanation is better than 'try the manual' in terms of helping new users (who have already racked up 55 posts - but new nonetheless). In fact, I can now use that reply for future reference \o/ :).

Well as long as they can read the manual is helpful. What more can people want to know about affiliate clubs than what is in the manual. Maybe if people did look in the manual first you wouldn't have to post a 'longer explanation'

Because the club you requested didn't want to become a feeder club, either a high rep or didn't need another parent club. You can't ask for another one another month or two

Notice I help when the answer is not always obvious or clear, or in the manual

I asked for a feeder club and I picked the club I wanted, however the board told me to application failed. Then I never get the option of requesting a feeder club why?

Applications fail for a number of reasons, usually on 2 fronts:

1. The club you wanted didn't have facilities; Youth Academy and Training Facilities that would have been beneficial to your club. The board see no point in someone like Barcelona affiliating with Southend since they'll never benefit from an arrangement like that.

2. The club you wanted has too high a reputation and their board rejected the link. Someone like Celtic being a feeder club to Man Utd would be unheard of for example!

See my thread on choosing a specific Feeder Club, hopefully it might be of some use :)

It's best to choose wisely since you'll only be able to request an affiliate feeder club at most 3 times in a calendar year.

Archived