Do you hoard players?

I can help but keep buying more and more strikers.... i currently have 6, all of top top quality (best in the world type ones) yet every transfer window i see another bargin that i must have and keep on adding to them! i wont sell any of them either.... i dont like selling players personally.

This happens in every fm game i play. I just cant help myself :)

Does anyone else hoard players? Buy up every youngster in the game?

Cleptomaniac lol!

On topic, my lower league teams (Gateshead) board would never allow such frivalous behaviour! There tightness astounds me sometimes. After taking them from BSN to promotion spots in the championship, i get a hefty 38,000 pound transfer budget for the season! Money Nazis!

I always fail to resist the temptation to hoard kids and regens. My first team squad is stable and a reasonable size, but I keep scooping up every kid that looks good and I can afford. Now I have a squad of 99! That's 24 in the first team about 50 reserves (40% out on loan) and a couple dozen U18s. Most are youngsters/hot prospects so there's no problem with competition, it's just that most of them will never actually break into my first team.

I always fail to resist the temptation to hoard kids and regens. My first team squad is stable and a reasonable size, but I keep scooping up every kid that looks good and I can afford. Now I have a squad of 99! That's 24 in the first team about 50 reserves (40% out on loan) and a couple dozen U18s. Most are youngsters/hot prospects so there's no problem with competition, it's just that most of them will never actually break into my first team.

cash in quickly before anyone realises you are offering 3rd class footballers :D

keep the good prospects though until 22 maybe then sell them in my opinion a player who's 22 and he's still in the reserves he's a goner

I know that problem^^

I always check the transfer list and free agents at the beginning of every transfer window. Even though i do not need any more players i can't help but sign nice bargains. While on the other hand i can't let go of players that have been performing well but probably won't feature my first-team plans. I even bought a new monitor with a higher resolution so that i can see all my first-squad players without scrolling. Now that was a joke but I'm really close to do so. And at the end of a transfer period i still have a transfer budget of 25 mio since i don't feel comfortable investing much money in one player.

To all those who do not encounter this problem: How do you avoid it? Don't buy too many players in the first place? Do you heartlessly sort out the weakest players?

I do this yes... And it's sickening, because I buy highly rated youngsters and I can't force then into my first team, I sell them on around the 23-24 mark (Coz that's when they start complaining) and they go on to fulfill their potential...

There are currently 20+ regens in the game at the very top of world football that I had to let go for nothing.

Even still tho they wouldn't get into my first team! ;)

In my Bradford game I sold anyone who wasn't good enough after each promotion. Trouble is my Harmony suffered a little and the team failed to click early on, it took a second season to get out of League 1. Now in 4th season overall, and now in the Championship I brought a whole new back line + GK. All in all I made 10 buys I think.

With Welling promotion in my first season via the play offs to the BSP, meant I needed a major overhaul. Of my promotion squad of around 25-26 players I kept only 8-9. The players going out where only decent, where as now I have a starting 11 of star players (for the BSP, and potential to be good League 2 and League 1 players).

However my QPR save is stupid as I must have 40-50 good young regens hoarded away getting unhappy.

Archived