Transfer fee negotiation

What is it with AI's negotiation getting crazier every time they come back? :rolleyes:

I made a bid for £10M + 20M over 24 months. It comes back wanting £30M + £10M. Okay, I counter half way with £25M + £10M. It then came back suddenly wanting £69M! Huh??? :eek:

I know, and it's not just for mega-bids... I was playing in the Norwegian league yesterday and got exactly the same. Offered £750K, they want £1.3m. Offer £800k they want £1.5. Offer £900k they want £1.9m. What the heck is that?

IF as mentioned above, this is what happens when the AI doesn't want to sell under any circumstances it shouldn't be doing this. What it should be saying is right from the go "give me £3m" and no matter what you bid less than that it should stay firm on £3m...

This was a pure massive problem on FM08, that the AI couldn't make sensible negotiations. They said it was fixed for FM09 and apparently it's not....

i had this when i tried to sign rafinha, i offered £8m before Schalke negotiated to £15m. Then i changed my bid to £10m and they came back wanting £17m. After that i just offered £12m and rafinha had got upset that his manager had turned down all my bids so they accepted the £12m bid.

I've had weird ones like that.

Offer 20 million for a player worth 11. A centreback mind.

They come back with 64 million (wtf).

I offer 25 million. They want 30 million.

Hell, I had to pay 35 million for my new keeper because that was the only sensible (I use that term loosely) asking price for any of the players I wanted.

I've offered X amount and the selling club have wanted X*2.

So i respond with X+5mill and the selling club come back with X+10mill

So i respond with X+7.5mill and they accept :D

Theres nearly always a 'set' figure for an AI player depending on circumstances, it's just about trying to find it. Have your best scouts on the case and scout the player over 3 matches to build up a complete record on him so you can view his apparant value.

Archived